Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Box experience vs regular seat experience?

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
A friend has bought a box for the Chelsea game and was kind enough to invite me.

I couldn't politely refuse...

...but I do wonder whether the game will be as enjoyable as it would be from my normal seat (in the Prostate Stand).

Never before having been in a box at our stadium I'd be interested how much you enjoyed the game from a box vs your regular seat in the stands.

Sorry if this has been covered previously.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You can't drink in your seat anywhere. However, champagne and orange juice looks like lilt.

Lump on.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Done it once with 9 other blokes for Villa game last year. Glad of the experience, but nowhere near as good as being in the stands with other fans. I found the whole thing a bit sterile and disconnected from the game.

Worst part was the game was on Sky, so other blokes spent most of the game in the box drinking beer and watching on TV.

Food was good and beer was good, but not the same.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You're driving at my big worry, that it might not be like being at a football match! (I couldn't care less about the booze)

It’s not and is full of geezers, loud mouths, and those “who used to go to the Goldstone but were busy until the last few years”

I’ve tried it but didn’t like the lack of atmosphere and the artificial chat

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
You might find you're with people who aren't regular supporters, not supporters of the club at all or not interested in football. So it might be a different experience to what you are used to.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
A friend has bought a box for the Chelsea game and was kind enough to invite me.

I couldn't politely refuse...

...but I do wonder whether the game will be as enjoyable as it would be from my normal seat (in the Prostate Stand).

Never before having been in a box at our stadium I'd be interested how much you enjoyed the game from a box vs your regular seat in the stands.

Sorry if this has been covered previously.

Ha Ha what stand is the Prostate stand?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s not and is full of geezers, loud mouths, and those “who used to go to the Goldstone but were busy until the last few years”

I’ve tried it but didn’t like the lack of atmosphere and the artificial chat

Pretty much this. However that said, if you haven't tried it before give it a go, it will certainly be a different experience.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i have done the 1901 several times and a box - and i always end up looking longingly at my regular seat on the other side of the ground thinking 'what the bloody hell am i doing here, i want to be over there'. But i guess you got to go through the experience to appreciate what you have got!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’ve done it once and it was fantastic.

Whilst I had the same concerns as you, none of them came to fruition.

The seats for the box were directly behind the WSL so you just felt part of the crowd, and with a cracking view.

The food was great and you could fill your tea cup up with, ahem, anything you liked for outside consumption.

I’d do it again any time.

Enjoy!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Was invited by a company once to there box. Did have reservations before but it was a very good experience. It helped that 9 of the 12 were avid Albion fans. I appreciate for the cost it should be but food and service was excellent. Easy for me to say wouldnt want that every week,but who knows if money was no object it must be nice to have the chioce each game who you invite.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Been to a box at Wembley a few times and it's not as good as being in the crowd. Unless you like peace and quiet with your football.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ve done it once and it was fantastic.

Whilst I had the same concerns as you, none of them came to fruition.

The seats for the box were directly behind the WSL so you just felt part of the crowd, and with a cracking view.

The food was great and you could fill your tea cup up with, ahem, anything you liked for outside consumption.

I’d do it again any time.

Enjoy!

Very much this, I guess it depends who’s in the box with you, if it’s Hants Seagull all he does is spend the entire match looking longingly at his shit ( I get wet when it rains ) seat in the ESLLowest stand[emoji23]

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've been in corporate hospitality at a few grounds but never at the Amex. It has always struck me as being a completely different way of getting shitfaced, that's the main difference for me.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I got offered a VIP spot for Fulham but turned it down flat as I knew it would be a great away day in the Putney End. I wasn't disappointed!!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
It makes a change, odd sitting down to a meal before the game however its worth doing

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've sat in a glass-fronted box at Barnsley and didn't like that. You ARE distanced from the atmosphere of the game.

Villa offered glass-fronted boxes to Albion fans wanting hospitality there last season, but we took the main stand seat option.

I can't see that I'd ever pay to be behind glass again, but at the Amex it just feels like you are in the WSL, although you have a bit more space and "tea" in a china cup to enjoy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here