Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bangers and mash...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Doing the aforementioned for supper tonight and feel like jazzin' it up a bit. Normally do mustard mash, onion gravy and peas. I know you lot like to add your own twist to standard dishes. With that in mind, give me your suggestions and favourite variations on the great British Bangers and mash. Cheers!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Doing the aforementioned for supper tonight and feel like jazzin' it up a bit. Normally do mustard mash, onion gravy and peas. I know you lot like to add your own twist to standard dishes. With that in mind, give me your suggestions and favourite variations on the great British Bangers and mash. Cheers!

For the mash potato, instead try mash made up of parsnip, sweet potato and butternut squash.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I like putting sliced spring onions in the mash. I’ll bring a bottle of Cabinet Sauvignon and a few Brewdog Jet Black Heart stouts to go with it. What time do you want me round?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I've had it when eating out with a vegetarian mate, anyway I do eat meat, so I'll leave you carnivores alone :lolol:

:wave:

Actually it does sound nice but you have taken away gravy and peas and replaced the snags with the veggie equivelent of NotBacon. Might as well swap the sausage for a roast chicken and the mash for roasters you know :p

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Use Canham’s sausage and don’t mess around with them too much, Got some lamb, rosemary and cranberry to try this morning.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wrap some streaky bacon around your sausages.....massive pigs in blankets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here