Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Laura Plummer

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If she was carrying 300 tramodal(sp) for her Egyptian boyfriend, how did she get so many prescription only drugs in this country?

Has Boris said she's his dealer yet?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
She’s quoted as saying that she was given them by a “colleague” for her partner in Egypt. They were in an envelope, which she didn’t bother to look inside to see what was there. All sounds entirely legit to me. :facepalm:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If they're the low dosage tablets that's less than 2 months prescription.
It's not inconceivable to someone in chronic pain to end up with excess to their requirements over time

Need to eat plenty of figs and dates.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Tramadol are a controlled drug and have to be signed for when you collect them and you're restricted to how many you can have so how did she get so many when she wasn't even ill ?

I'm sure the Foreign Scretary will blab to the world his 'understanding' on how, soon enough.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
She’s quoted as saying that she was given them by a “colleague” for her partner in Egypt. They were in an envelope, which she didn’t bother to look inside to see what was there. All sounds entirely legit to me. :facepalm:

This defence is so old and stupid, no one with an ounce of sense would agree to transport something internationally without wanting to know and confirming what was inside.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I was prescribed it (or something similar) when I broke my arse falling down stairs.
Didn't take them all because I was aware that they are addictive and constipation with a fractured coccyx isn't a good idea.
I've got about 50 at home and once in a while I have them when the pain flares up.
Before this news broke, if I was gong on holiday abroad I would probably take a dozen or so just in case.
I'd be very disappointed if people on here didn't condemn me facing the death penalty as a result of my ignorance.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Family of Laura Plummer say 'selfish' woman is withholding information that could free her

Laura's sister says the medication she carried into Egypt was prescribed to another woman

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/family-laura-plummer-say-selfish-758807

But one of the questions you are asked at check in is " are you carrying anything for someone else" i'm sorry but she should have known what she was carrying and checked that it was legit and ok to take into another country.
Ignorance is not a defence even if you are from Hull.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was prescribed it (or something similar) when I broke my arse falling down stairs.
Didn't take them all because I was aware that they are addictive and constipation with a fractured coccyx isn't a good idea.
I've got about 50 at home and once in a while I have them when the pain flares up.
Before this news broke, if I was gong on holiday abroad I would probably take a dozen or so just in case.
I'd be very disappointed if people on here didn't condemn me facing the death penalty as a result of my ignorance.

Taking a dozen on holiday, that you have been prescribed yourself, is a bit different than taking 300 that you haven't been prescribed for someone else. So, I'd only have you flogged, the death penalty is too harsh.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Scenario 1
She' said she's going to see her boyfriend and mentioned that he's got chronic back pain.
Someone she knows has loads of excess prescribed painkillers and offers them to her.
She continues (albeit foolishly) in good faith.
She deserves a telling off.

2 she is a drug running mastermind who deserves the death sentence

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Taking a dozen on holiday, that you have been prescribed yourself, is a bit different than taking 300 that you haven't been prescribed for someone else. So, I'd only have you flogged, the death penalty is too harsh.

I'd probably pay for a light flogging.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bit of a eye opener for me i take 8 x 50mg of these green and yellow meanies per day so would think nothing of taking a couple of boxes (100 per box ) on holiday to wherever i was going , mind you i think i will be ok this winter as i'm only going to Aberystwyth .

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Her Egyptian boyfriend / partner has been remarkably silent so far. I guess the local authorities will be interested to know his involvement in all this.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Bit of a eye opener for me i take 8 x 50mg of these green and yellow meanies per day so would think nothing of taking a couple of boxes (100 per box ) on holiday to wherever i was going , mind you i think i will be ok this winter as i'm only going to Aberystwyth .

I had my meds taken off me on a domestic flight from Durban t Cape Town right pain in the arse. They were prescribed in blister packs with my name printed on I didnt have my script so I guess rules are rules. Back from Durbs to the UK I got grilled and nearly missed the flight although I did have a script but insisted on doctors note saying safe to fly which I didnt know nor have

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
He is Egyptian and knows they are illegal. She is sort of married to him, not sure how that works, so she would also know they are illegal. Stupid cow.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
He is Egyptian and knows they are illegal. She is sort of married to him, not sure how that works, so she would also know they are illegal. Stupid cow.

Totally what a Plum
I'm sure you arent allowed to sell your prescriptons either so her mate/supplier must be bricking it, wonder if he/she has been nicked yet

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here