Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is/was Albions fastest player

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who was our fastest player I think Tawse, or possibly Izquierdo but some may say Franco Massimo who although being a Sussex sprint champion wasnt a regular first teamer..

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gerry Fell for sure.

Shame he couldn't actually play football.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Another who was a sprinter to the exclusion of everything else was Dave Armstrong. Speedy winger who I can't recall crossing a ball!

Yeah, this came up a few months ago. Armstrong was the fastest I recall....totally useless as a footballer but really, really pacy.

Reckon Izquierdo is faster though

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
José quite possibly.

In terms of actually USING their pace, to any useful end, the best in my 30+ years was Will Buckley (before he lost faith in his paper hamstrings). Devastating

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Dunks run back from a corner up the other end at Arsenal with five of there players breaking showed he has some speed ...ye i know its not what you are asking...but ya know it was fast and as good as the whole length of the pitch

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Alan Duffy always looked very fast - but that might have been because he was quite a well-built lad, and at top speed it looked as if he might have had a great deal of difficulty stopping quickly!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yep, from memory, Armstrong would just chip the ball over the fullback and run like hell to retrieve it first. Pretty good until the opposition realised this was his only ploy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here