Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coffee at the AMEX

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I’m not an alcohol drinker these days but I do like a nice cup of coffee if on offer. I sometimes get one from the coffee outlet outside the north stand on match days. Overpriced yes, isn’t everything at a football match these days? The coffee is perfectly drinkable. Is there anywhere else inside the ground that does nice drinkable coffee? The crap they sell in the food kiosks on the concourses is dreadful. I have been known to bring a flask when I remember. Having young kids caffeine is pretty much my only drug of choice these days. First world problems, I know.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They should put Costa coffee on the concourses instead of that shite.

Not that I'll use it very often. It's just that it would piss off complete bell-ends like Return of the Rev and Pretty pink fairy.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They should put Costa coffee on the concourses instead of that shite.

Not that I'll use it very often. It's just that it would piss off complete bell-ends like Return of the Rev and Pretty pink fairy.

If you're going to (try to) follow a local brand ethos, they should put Small Batch Coffee. Even their go-to standard roast is called Goldstone Espresso.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you're going to (try to) follow a local brand ethos, they should put Small Batch Coffee. Even their go-to standard roast is called Goldstone Espresso.

Wasnt Small Batch bought out?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

The problem with that is that it won't irritate Return of the rev as much as a Costa. I think you know that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They've got a mobile coffee van, outside at the academy, surely the contract could be extended to the Amex?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I prefer tea but you have to battle for the milk and sugar on the WSU Concorse and they make huge proffit on tea and coffee

i’m not an alcohol drinker these days but i do like a nice cup of coffee if on offer. I sometimes get one from the coffee outlet outside the north stand on match days. Overpriced yes, isn’t everything at a football match these days? The coffee is perfectly drinkable. Is there anywhere else inside the ground that does nice drinkable coffee? The crap they sell in the food kiosks on the concourses is dreadful. I have been known to bring a flask when i remember. Having young kids caffeine is pretty much my only drug of choice these days. First world problems, i know.

:shootself
modern football

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Me too....I usually drive so beer is out for me. Can't stand the 'instant' stuff sold on the concourse but the van outside WSL is OK.

Same boat as you; usually drive & the hot drinks from the kiosks are awful plus the fight for those crappy little milk sachets is terrible too. Don't want to drink fizzy pop so would be very grateful for a decent hot beverage.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
These guys near me in West Sussex are top notch, lovely bunch as well.

https://www.edgcumbes.co.uk/

It's our (cycling) cake stop.
You can expect a fair few more cyclists popping in when the extra seating is completed.

Is there any reason why those god awful Costa 'instant coffee' machines, that are popping up all over the place, only sell tepid coffee. Or was my one and only useage just an unlucky one?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You can expect a fair few more cyclists popping in when the extra seating is completed.

Is there any reason why those god awful Costa 'instant coffee' machines, that are popping up all over the place, only sell tepid coffee. Or was my one and only useage just an unlucky one?

I generally find them ok, but last night I had one poured and as the coffee and milk dribbled out and left it and went somewhere else. I'm quite partial to McDonalds coffee, to be honest. Imagine THAT – a Golden Arches at the AMEX!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think you were unlucky - often use them on longer drives (lots of them in petrol stations) and usually fine (too hot if anything !)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Have Edgcumbes set up a Galibier branch yet?

09C4E314-53C1-42F7-8870-ADC845744B8C.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here