Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Bars/Clubs Brighton

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Can anyone recommend some bars/clubs along the same lines of Bohemia and the ex-Karma club at the Marina?
There are plenty of pubs in Brighton but I am struggling to find more up market bars along the lines
of Bohemia.There doesn't seem to be any.Also am looking for clubs with an older crowd.Maybe you know of certain nights
when some clubs have an older crowd.

Many Thanks

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Concorde 2 is the only place along the seafront or west street to avoid roudy revellers, green door store, black lion, anywhere in the lanes or head to hove actually!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Bohemia in meeting house lane just across from the Cricketers. Bit swanky, late bar upstairs but i don't know the entry conditions, food looks good but pricey,

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Aaaah Karma at Brighton Marina, Ebony Rooms then onto the Karma bar, kept my clubbing days going into my 30's.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Bar 32 on Duke Street.

Not my cup of tea by any means but should fit the bill. Fun story, was in there earlier this year for a birthday knees up when the missus decides she's had enough so we jump in a cab home. Three minutes into the journey the phone rings and its my mate who's stayed for one last drink. Geatan Bong has only wandered in soon as I had left. My mate is a Coventry fan (poor ****), but he's acosted poor Gaetan and insisted he speak to me on the blower. Ended up having a pissed up 5 minute chat with him. Good end to a very mediocre night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can anyone recommend some bars/clubs along the same lines of Bohemia and the ex-Karma club at the Marina?
There are plenty of pubs in Brighton but I am struggling to find more up market bars along the lines
of Bohemia.There doesn't seem to be any.Also am looking for clubs with an older crowd.Maybe you know of certain nights
when some clubs have an older crowd.

Many Thanks

Interesting question. IMHO Brighton doesn’t really do upmarket and certainly doesn’t do high end.....which is something I quite like about Brighton.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Upmarket and not full of teenagers. That place doesn't exist in Brighton . Walk along 15 mins into central Hove where a more grown up less chavvy experience awaits...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Upmarket and not full of teenagers. That place doesn't exist in Brighton . Walk along 15 mins into central Hove where a more grown up less chavvy experience awaits...

Where would you recommend in Hove?

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the replies.It seems Brighton doesn't do much high end like Bohemia/ ex-Karma and Ebony.Strange that it doesn't cater for both markets.It's not some some country village but a city so I would have expected more.I've been to Brighton hundreds of times over the years as I live not too far away.Mostly I'll go daytime or if it's at night it's usually to a restaurant.Due to having a new g/f who lives there I'm going out there more in the evenings and have been dissapointed not to find bars/clubs like the ones I have mentioned which cater for an older crowd.I have been to some good pubs but I'd like a choice of more bars.So which ones are worth a visit in Hove?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the replies.It seems Brighton doesn't do much high end like Bohemia/ ex-Karma and Ebony.Strange that it doesn't cater for both markets.It's not some some country village but a city so I would have expected more.I've been to Brighton hundreds of times over the years as I live not too far away.Mostly I'll go daytime or if it's at night it's usually to a restaurant.Due to having a new g/f who lives there I'm going out there more in the evenings and have been dissapointed not to find bars/clubs like the ones I have mentioned which cater for an older crowd.I have been to some good pubs but I'd like a choice of more bars.So which ones are worth a visit in Hove?

In some respects I’m baffled like you, in others I’m not. Hotel Du Vin is nice for a decent cocktail if that floats your boat.

I would recommend a few craft beer bars but there’s every chance me or my Man Squad will also be in there....and your new girlfriends head will be turned. In fact we’d probably turn your head as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here