Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Chilli Con Carne

Food of the gods etc, etc, etc.

Anyone got a recipe a bit out of the ordinary, with a twist, that actually works unlike hoying chocolate in.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Cumin and paprika are essential. No mushrooms and preferably no peppers. Don't add the vital kidney beans 'til the end of cooking. They MUST NOT break.

Aah, the ground coriander too.

If it's a little 'bland', chuck in the Satan's Blood.

51HFyUZcBsL.jpg

PS The Hairy Boys one ain't bad if you 'pep' it up a notch.

http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/view/chilli-con-carne#43TEkTBsBW0G26pq.97

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Got to be proper dark chocolate, 90% cocoa, otherwise don't bother... Cinnamon sticks in too, let it simmer/slow cook for as long as you can.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Use bird eye chillis, they have a much less bitter flavour than jalapenos if you like it hot. also, put a quarter of a cup of milk in it

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

Isnt that what you want? There are literally hundreds on the BBC food site or Allrecipes.

Yes, that's why I asked for one a bit out of the ordinary, with a twist because I wanted a bog standard one.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
We love a chilli in our house and I spent a while looking at a lot of recipes. The one that does it for us is by Thomasina Miers in her “Mexican food made simple” book. Slow cooked with slices of beef which are shredded before the end. But it is the mix of spices she uses which makes it so good. I don’t worry too much about getting the exact chilliest that she recommends as some are hard to get.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, that's why I asked for one a bit out of the ordinary, with a twist because I wanted a bog standard one.

Sorry missed the bit about with a twist and personally I do not put chocolate in it as I think that it does nothing to enhance the taste. I am probably not bulk standard as I like mine very hot so use both hot chilli powder and chillis complete with the seeds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here