Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Where have our young people gone

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Stayed in a couple of roadside Hotels in Gloucs and Wilts over the last few days. All staff had East European accents. Polite, well presented, efficient, hardworking and seemingly happy within themselves. Where are all the young English people I wonder

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stayed in a couple of roadside Hotels in Gloucs and Wilts over the last few days. All staff had East European accents. Polite, well presented, efficient, hardworking and seemingly happy within themselves. Where are all the young English people I wonder

Dunno - maybe either at Uni (because EVERYONE should go to Uni now apparently), or failing that hanging around town centres harassing people after spending their jobseekers allowance on booze and drugs ?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I stay in quite a few hotels in the UK when travelling for work; it is quite odd when you find one with majority UK staff. I've been (recently) in hotels like that in the south Wales valleys, Edinburgh and outside Milton Keynes. All the rest - quite a few - tended to have entirely or large majority European staff (sourced not just from Eastern Europe, though)

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
At uni because they're pressured to.
And they find there's not that many jobs in things that they would actually want to do long term.
If my experience is anything to go by.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Doing jobs that hopefully pay above the minimum wage.

Good call,until employers in this country are willing to pay a decent,living wage We cannot blame the younger generation for not wanting to do crap service industry jobs for crap money.
The problem We have as a nation is that We don't make anything anymore,We need more apprenticeships and start building our way to a better future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here