Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When Sunday Comes

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Our last home match on a Saturday on September 9th v West Brom. Quite a game.
Our next game on a Saturday is still nearly a month away - Liverpool - Saturday December 2nd. (Stoke and Palace are on a Monday and a Tuesday)

Thats 3 months without a Saturday home game. Have we ever gone this long between Saturday home matches during a season.
Has anyone else ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't have access to records etc. but no, l don't imagine that we have. Other teams who have spent longer in the Premier League may well have, I'm not sure.

el punal

Our next game on a Saturday is still nearly a month away - Liverpool - Saturday December 2nd. (Stoke and Palace are on a Monday and a Tuesday)

Thats 3 months without a Saturday home game. Have we ever gone this long between Saturday home matches during a season.
Has anyone else ?

Last Saturday at Swansea was the first 3.00pm kick off since West Brom. The Stoke fixture will be our first home evening match this season in the league.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Didn't we have as long last season, seemed like it, although its only that long in time because of the frequent international breaks

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
International breaks are terrible and ruin the flow of the season.

Why on earth do the various leagues allow them?

Why not play all international matches, pre and post the regular season?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Has anyone else ?

That gap is 12 weeks (84 days).

Last season we had an 11 week gap (77 days) between Saturday LEAGUE games from November 26 (Fulham) to February 11 (Burton Albion). However, we did play MK Dons in the FA Cup on January 7.

A couple of times at Withdean we had 10 week gaps, the first from Dec 2 2000 to Feb 10 2001 (all games) and the second from Nov 10 2001 to Jan 19 2002 (just LEAGUE games, we had a couple of FA Cup ties within that span).

I checked season 1962-63 (the big freeze) but Albion were mostly able to get matches on so there weren't any major spans.

I would imagine the span this season would have to be the longest we have ever experienced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here