Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Cows milk

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love it, drink about a pint and a half of green top a day just on it's own. It's good for you too. But over the last few years alterna-milk has emerged. Soya, almond, oat milk etc. Do you partake of the udder or have you embraced the trendy ones? What made you change and do you feel better for it?

I predict a lot of upcoming old folk will have terribly weak bones due to the rejection of traditional cos milk.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Mixed feelings about Milk. Lots of puss and hormones in milk apparently. I have it in moderation. Bowl of cornflakes with ice cold organic full fat milk is hard to beat though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I love it, drink about a pint and a half of green top a day just on it's own. It's good for you too. But over the last few years alterna-milk has emerged. Soya, almond, oat milk etc. Do you partake of the udder or have you embraced the trendy ones? What made you change and do you feel better for it?

I predict a lot of upcoming old folk will have terribly weak bones due to the rejection of traditional cos milk.

What a load of old bollox. You think our bones can only be strong from calcium in cow's milk :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Bit on cereal and tea, but pint and a half a day sounds a bit too much. Yogurt is far better for the digestive system and very easy and cheap to make. Japanese live the longest and consumer virtually no dairy at all

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Oatly is blinding in muesli (yes, I did used to live in Hanover) and porridge. No puss, antibiotics or animal welfare guilt either. I've recently spotted Oatly 'barista' edition bu t haven't tried it in coffee. Doesn't work in tea. You just have to put up with the faux matey comments on the side of the pack.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Me too but i won't allow myself to drink it unless.....I'm at my Gran's who has it delivered every day. She's 92 and drunk it all her life though.

Thats a thing that is losing its way the milk being delivered to the door. I think that it is down to price when most supermarkets charge about £1 for 4 pints why would you pay nearly that for 1 pint delivered. Unless as above you are old or disabled and unable to get to the supermarket easily.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
When I have a stomach upset, I become dairy intolerant for the next week or so. I get awful pains, so have soya milk for a while, until my body settles down.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am intolerant of milk. It gives me flatulence and stomach cramps. So just a bit in tea for me. Aside from the odd soy latte, I don't really go for alternatives because I don't like them much.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I am intolerant of milk. It gives me flatulence and stomach cramps. So just a bit in tea for me. Aside from the odd soy latte, I don't really go for alternatives because I don't like them much.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Have you tried rice milk? Has a very subtle taste. I don't like the other alternatives.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here