Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England's friendlies v Germany & Brazil.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anyone going to be watching these games on the tellybox or are actually going to watch live.
Hopefully England can make a good show of themselves against the big two.
Not one for watching them recently, but will try to watch in anticipation of two entertaining games.
Latest news is that Raheem Sterling, Fabian Delph and Jordan Henderson have pulled out from the squad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41899819

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two absolute THUMPINGS in prospect for England's one-man team. Harry Kane's goals won't save them against this level of opposition :moo:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Midfielders:
Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Jake Livermore (West Brom) Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Crystal Palace - loan from Chelsea), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Bloody hell. Poor Gareth.

In that situation is it not worth calling up Shelvey or Stephens or someone else for the Central Mid

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Two absolute THUMPINGS in prospect for England's one-man team. Harry Kane's goals won't save them against this level of opposition :moo:

The trio join injured Tottenham pair Harry Kane and Harry Winks in pulling out of Gareth Southgate's squad.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Going to the Brazil game as someone offered me a free ticket.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Raheem Stirling & Delph have now pulled out.
Spurs already pulled out Kane , Alli & Winks.
Premier league running the game....

Yep. Gerrard was always the same too, and to some extent, Rooney.

I'd quite like to see a hungry England team willing to play all friendlies. Those forming a habit of being 'injured' for friendlies should be culled.

A committed team full of passion and knowing how to play together will do for me over a team full of Premier League stars that play only when it suits them (or their clubs, tbf).

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I actually want England to lose and lose badly. I want France-like humiliation. England are like that mangy old mutt that toilets itself wherever it goes, where the owners love it too much to do the right thing and put it down, where they believe it'll only be a matter of time before it moves off its mortal coil naturally... and yet... it just lives on and on and on stinking the place out.

A bit like Palace.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I’m going with my son to the Germany game. His first trip to Wembley. I’m looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm going to post that I'm not going to watch because it's not cool to watch England and I want to be cool so I'll say that I'm not going to watch England.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Nope, friendlies are a joke. I'd rather Slothgate take them all for a full week of training rather than have these two friendlies. It would be more beneficial and you'd probs have a few of the more 50/50 players not pull out of the squad.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nope, friendlies are a joke. I'd rather Slothgate take them all for a full week of training rather than have these two friendlies. It would be more beneficial and you'd probs have a few of the more 50/50 players not pull out of the squad.

So training to play football against the worlds best would be better than training for and then playing football against the worlds best?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's not utterly pointless as there are World Cup play-offs.

I share your annoyance though.

A knock on affect from having to many qualifying games - you could remove at least 2 rounds if you cull the weaker teams earlier.

Then these play offs are in the October break

Cant blame teams for pulling out players, teams in Europe have 2 big games in the next couple of weeks and teams with smaller squads have to protect players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here