Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What amazing support we had

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
To all who travelled to Swansea. Wow... Amazing support. Loud and clear!
I finally watched my first Albion game in the top flight for 34 years and was amazed by our support.
I was sitting behind enemy lines opposite the Albion support, all I could hear was Albion. Whenever Swansea started trying to sing, the response from our fans was incredible, drowning out their pathetic attempts to sing.
The Swansea fans noticed very early that we were Albion, there was good banter and no trouble.. I hope they get their club back in the hands of someone with the clubs interest at heart., just as long as it isn't at our expense.
We actually ended up sitting next to Leighton Phillips, who had a piece written about him in the programme. Top bloke!
Once again, amazing support, made me proud to be Albion that day, even if I couldn't join in!

:albion2::albion2::salute::salute::clap::bowdown::bowdown:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Sat with the home fans and after 10 minutes they were on the teams back !!
We were nice and loud and at halftime the two of us just walked down to the small gate separating the fans stepped over it and joined the Albion fans for the second half

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Drum was annoying, But the Swansea fans did give it a good go, until we scored. I was right next to them on the barrier so not ideal to get involved with much of our singing. I have to say whatever that Welsh song is they sing sounds incredible.

Felt an odd away following at Swansea but I am putting it down to were I was stood.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Sat with the home fans and after 10 minutes they were on the teams back !!
We were nice and loud and at halftime the two of us just walked down to the small gate separating the fans stepped over it and joined the Albion fans for the second half

Could 'plain clothes' Swansea fans have done the same? Could have got nasty if they had equalised.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I thought Swansea were the best set of fans away this season. The drum was as usual fecking annoying but at least they gave it ago. Very limited homophobia. Apart the usual holding hands rubbish and the quite funny "stick your cocks up your arse" response to being told to stick the drum up their arse.

Friendly enough before and after.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
whats that new song we sing with 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 in it ?

Oh Ay Oh
Stephens our Midfielder
Oh Ay Oh
He Plays with Davy Propper
Oh Ay Oh
He/They never give the ball away

To the tune of Earth Wind and Fire - September. Im guessing you didnt make it to the West Ham game?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All I could hear on Seagulls player was Albion most of the match

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
To be fair I thought the home end (corner) was pretty loud for a home crowd, although I was right next to them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Was right next to the Swans fans, I thought they were the best home fans that i have seen so far this season. They really wanted to get behind the team but the ineptitude both on and off the field made it difficult to do so. Land of My fathers, Men of Harlech and the lyricless song they sang were pretty loud from my position.

Good support from us again though, it is a pleasure being in the away stands this season. Gratifying to see the away end rammed on saturday, no point harvesting for this one.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I thought Swansea were the best set of fans away this season. The drum was as usual fecking annoying but at least they gave it ago. Very limited homophobia. Apart the usual holding hands rubbish and the quite funny "stick your cocks up your arse" response to being told to stick the drum up their arse.

Friendly enough before and after.

I think the early rendition of Seasiders was misheard by the Swansea faithful judging by their respone :whistle:

el punal

To all who travelled to Swansea. Wow... Amazing support. Loud and clear!
I finally watched my first Albion game in the top flight for 34 years and was amazed by our support.
I was sitting behind enemy lines opposite the Albion support, all I could hear was Albion. Whenever Swansea started trying to sing, the response from our fans was incredible, drowning out their pathetic attempts to sing.
The Swansea fans noticed very early that we were Albion, there was good banter and no trouble.. I hope they get their club back in the hands of someone with the clubs interest at heart., just as long as it isn't at our expense.
We actually ended up sitting next to Leighton Phillips, who had a piece written about him in the programme. Top bloke!
Once again, amazing support, made me proud to be Albion that day, even if I couldn't join in!

:albion2::albion2::salute::salute::clap::bowdown::bowdown:

If you'd hummed the Albion songs in Welsh you'd have been fine. :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here