Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark the Albion's start out of 10

Mark the Albion's Premier League start out of 10?

• 10 (High)

Votes: 20 7.6%

Votes: 73 27.9%

Votes: 120 45.8%

Votes: 44 16.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 (Low)

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As we all sit and wait for another two weeks for it all to start again, there's a bit of reflection on the start we've made to Premier League life.

How would you score our start?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

It's not quite Leicesteresque.

Dropped points against Watford and Everton.

That's being ultra critical.

Generally I'm well chuffed and won't be arguing with anyone who fancies giving the full 10! :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
9. Way beyond expectations on the pitch and in the table, great atmosphere being created off the pitch. Team visibly growing in confidence with every game. Enjoying it much more than I dared hope.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Lose 1 point for grabbing defeat out of the jaws of victory at Bournemouth.

Other than that, excellent.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Out of the promoted teams, we've had the best run in I think, having only paid Arsenal & Man City in the top 6. Watford and Everton result marks us down a bit in my opinion. Overall happy but not really getting carried away.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Got to easily be a 9.

Agree dropped points were frustrating at the time but team responded so well with successive away victories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theboybilly

8 So much better than expected obviously. Missed opportunities at Watford and at home to Everton mark us down for me. I never dreamed that I would be critical with us sitting in 8th in November mind. I feel a bit guilty now....can I change it to a 9?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'd say a harsh 8.
If being critical we could of taken 2 more v Watford and 2 more v Everton and a point v Bournemouth where we were the better side and a point is the least we deserve
However it's been brilliant fun already, the team seem to be growing in confidence every week, unbeaten in 4, great team spirit which seems to be shining through more against the big bucks of the PL teams, brilliant crowd home and away and just a general feel good factor at the club.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Dropped points against Everton, Bournemouth and Watford, but great away wins at West Ham and on Saturday.

We've had a fairly decent run of fixtures, so I'm not getting carried away.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Out of the promoted teams, we've had the best run in I think, having only paid Arsenal & Man City in the top 6. Watford and Everton result marks us down a bit in my opinion. Overall happy but not really getting carried away.

My mark and sentiments entirely. But I would rate 7 as a good mark. Very happy so far, but would be happier as and when we pick up something against the big teams......... and i think we will do at some point.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
8th, says it all really. 10 for me as we would could not have dreamed of this, surely..

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I've given a seven, cracking start and I'm sure most would agree better than expected. The spine of the side is getting stronger with every game, Ryan is looking better with every game and is starting to inspire confidence. Duffy and Dunk well it's and been said before both on NSC and in the media. Propper and Stephens have been consistent and hard to break down in the middle of the park and the greatest surprise is that Murray and Hemed have been a handful upfront with Gross putting in his shift week in week out.
If I'm being harsh we haven't always been ruthless, we should have won at Watford and could have beaten either Everton or Southampton. With time, confidence and experience we can only get stronger.
Overall, loving every game and enjoying watching the lads being competitive in every game.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

It's not quite Leicesteresque.

Dropped points against Watford and Everton.

That's being ultra critical.

Generally I'm well chuffed and won't be arguing with anyone who fancies giving the full 10! :albion2:

Echoes my feeling exactly - I don't think we have come away from any game with points we didn't deserve, which is very positive indeed.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I gave a 9, was thinking maybe an 8 but felt from the start to now they have done really well, the question is "How would you score our start" so I really do think a 9 is a very fair assessment from game 1 to game 11 -- I think most would have taken 4 wins - 3 draws - 4 defeats after 11 games (and a very respectable goal average!) before a ball was kicked this season :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here