Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Decorations....

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I got home on Friday evening to find my neighbours had put up their Christmas tree. Fully decorated, all lit up....

Now, I say its way too early for trees & decorations to be up, but my wife & youngest son asked if we could put ours up over the weekend as the neighbours now have. I steadfastly refused, & will stand my ground for another 3 or 4 weeks until its December. Its bad enough they've been watching Christmas movies for the last month or so, but I cant let them have this one.

Has anyone else put their tree or decorations up yet, or does everyone agree with me that its too soon?!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, far too soon. I'm a big fan of Christmas but I won't put any Christmas decorations up until 1st December.

25th November is the earliest I'm prepared to accept.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Absolutely maximum is two weeks before Christmas, give or take a day or two depending on how the weekends fall. Anything before that is madness. Early November is pure insanity.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Household on my road put theirs up about a week before end of Nov usually. Whilst I enjoy many aspects of Christmas won't put mine up until about a week or so, depending on weekends etc, into December and take down after New Years. I'd get bored of Christmas if the decorations were up that long!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wouldn't do it myself, but each to their own :)

I've often gone out on the 1st December to get a tree. I think a real tree might look a bit sad and bald by Christmas Day though if I put it up in November, so that's not for me (also, it must make it a little bit less special if it's up for two months, surely?).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Most people on here seem to be in central heating denial.

As such I can’t imagine most will put the Christmas decorations up any time before December 24th.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Heart FM the music channel on Sky is now back to back Christmas tunes. Already playing Mel and Sue Rocking around the Christmas Tree and Good old Macca singing Wonderful Christmas time et all.

Now I love all this sort of thing but there is a time and place ie December only.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Up after tea time Xmas eve and down before breakfast boxing day...and that's a day too bloody long !!

So yes putting them up 7 weeks before xmas is much too early, beside it takes all the fun out of it as well as looking tacky.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Family in the Philippines sent up photos on Sept 1st with thier tree up..
Filipino president has recently been doing PR videos in front of Christmas decs.

When I worked in the Philippines I was told that Christmas starts in September, they start playing Xmas music in shopping malls and many decs go up.
They call them the BER months ie September, October, November,December.

If you want to greet a Filipino just say ......'Amoy pasko na' ( it smells like christmas already)

Luckily my wife ( been married 34 years) is very British and wont have decorations or tree until Dec.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Heart FM the music channel on Sky is now back to back Christmas tunes. Already playing Mel and Sue Rocking around the Christmas Tree and Good old Macca singing Wonderful Christmas time et all.

Now I love all this sort of thing but there is a time and place ie December only.

Clearly enough people disagree for these TV channels to make the effort. And for the shops to stock all their Christmas ranges. Presumably plenty of people are buying.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Up after tea time Xmas eve and down before breakfast boxing day...and that's a day too bloody long !!

So yes putting them up 7 weeks before xmas is much too early, beside it takes all the fun out of it as well as looking tacky.

why bother?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I got home on Friday evening to find my neighbours had put up their Christmas tree. Fully decorated, all lit up....

Now, I say its way too early for trees & decorations to be up, but my wife & youngest son asked if we could put ours up over the weekend as the neighbours now have. I steadfastly refused, & will stand my ground for another 3 or 4 weeks until its December. Its bad enough they've been watching Christmas movies for the last month or so, but I cant let them have this one.

Has anyone else put their tree or decorations up yet, or does everyone agree with me that its too soon?!

maybe they have their reasons, eg: a child in poor health

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here