Featuring The Great Wall of Brighton

Garth Crooks Team of the week.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41880823

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"I keep looking at Brighton's results, and their current position in the Premier League, with utter disbelief."

#OverTheRadarNow

"Lewis Dunk's block on Abraham's shot in the dying moments of Brighton's win was about as emphatic a message as he could have given Swansea. The message was simply: 'You are not scoring today.' Indeed, the block was so solid I thought Abraham had broken his ankle on Dunk's boot. The newly called-up England striker was so desperate to announce his rise into the international squad with a goal, he didn't realise Dunk had got to the ball first but swung his foot in desperation anyway."

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't like the Dunk review - Crooks is suggesting CH for the Everton job

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
We might as well get use to it, Hughton will be touted by the pundits for every PL job going outside the top 6 because they still see us as a small club (and rightly so given our history) and couldn't imagine why he would want to stay here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two Brighton - and two ex-Brighton! Four out of eleven is pretty impressive (and, fwiw, I'd have liked us to have kept Van La Parra at the time!)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not even remotely worried about Hughton being tempted elsewhere at this stage. He's had his fingers burned by Premier League chairmen in the past and I imagine he places a lot of store in a good relationship with an owner. One hopes he has that here and won't be tempted by anything other than the irresistible (which is Tottenham which won't happen).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So far I have been quite surprised by how little Hughton has been linked with other jobs. Good news clearly, but hard to understand. I imagine it is some combination of him just being a humble bloke and not touting himself around and briefing for jobs, and also being genuinely happy with his lot doing a great job at a progressive club where he enjoys total respect. You only have to look around to see the grass isn't always greener. And he also isn't coasting, Brighton are ambitious.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Too young to see him play...was Garth Crooks even any good at football?

He wasn't a bad striker, especially formed a decent partnership with Steve Archibald for Spurs.

Him and Archibald were one of the best ever partnerships, with Hoodle behind, and yet Spurs being Spurs still managed to Spurs it up :lol:.

I can't find a highlights reel for SA.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
As someone said on another post, there was a few days we all lost sleep about losing a manager to Reading! Hughton is probably the only manager who could turn Palace's team into a European contention team in my opinion

Forget Crumplin, Chrissie Hughton = Football genius

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Him and Archibald were one of the best ever partnerships, with Hoodle behind, and yet Spurs being Spurs still managed to Spurs it up :lol:.

I can't find a highlights reel for SA.

Ok, he played with Hoddle and Ardilles. Point taken SB! ��

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
http://www.westsussextoday.co.uk/sp...ughton-would-be-perfect-for-everton-1-8230991

According to a quote in the above paper.
Girth Crooks must have the ear of the PL clubs.

"Chris Hughton is doing such a fantastic job at Brighton it is almost an indictment that Everton have not approached him to fill their vacancy. I have already recommended Sean Dyche for the post, but I can't mention the Burnley manager without mentioning Hughton in the same breath. Hughton has, unlike Dyche, done the business at a number of clubs and is a conservative manager in the sense that he will not spend a chairman's money recklessly. He is respected by players, in a way the great former Everton manager Harry Catterick was adored by his playing staff, and is perfect for a club like Everton.

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here