Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Another mass shootin

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Trump will go along the line of "more guns, we need more guns to defend ourselves".

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The ethnic background of the attacker will determine if it is a Lone Wolf nutter or a terrorist attack as far as Trump and co are concerned.:(

Bound to be black or Hispanic, if not he'll have that line in his blood somewhere... Trump will have you believe that anyway.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It wouldn't surprise me if the gunman was "neutralised" by someone in the congregation with a gun, in which case that is exactly what the gun nuts will claim.

Indeed. Spectacularly missing the point that he wouldn’t have been able to kill as many as he did without getting hands on the gun(s) in the first place.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Such sad news for a small community where everyone will know someone who has unfortunately suffered at the hands of the gunman.

If a church is not a safe haven where is?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It wouldn't surprise me if the gunman was "neutralised" by someone in the congregation with a gun, in which case that is exactly what the gun nuts will claim.

According to this report: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/several-casualties-reported-texas-church-shooting-n817751 the shooter fled the scene and was later reported to be dead. Unclear if it was police or self-inflicted, but doesn't at this point sound like someone in the church used their gun to take him out. Of course, this is breaking news and that may be updated/corrected later. As with all things like this, early reports should be viewed with that in mind.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If this happened in any other nation in the World, everybody would be shocked to the core, as it has happened in America no one is at all surprised.

So sad.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
27 People dead according to BBC Radio 5

Saw this on Twitter, bit cheesy but poignant all the same

DN5Nt33XkAAXyGH.jpg:large

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I fear the penny will never drop and these terrible incidents will just be a price they are prepared to pay. Waste of so many life's, Terrible!!

You're right. We had Hungerford and then Dunblane, the Australians had Port Arthur and both the British and Australians acted swiftly to try to prevent them from ever happening again. Sadly, the Americans have had Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Orlando, Vegas, San Ysidro, the cinema in Colorado and so many more and none of them have acted as a catalyst for the US to re-evaluate gun ownership.

In the aftermath of the Colorado shooting, I went online to an American news website to try to get my head around what the issue was. I got absolutely flamed for asking why gun ownership was so important to them. I never really got an answer past being told because of the 2nd Amendment.

I did also suggest that perhaps if the US banned toy guns then that would surely be a measure that would gain universal support. The way I saw it was that the pro-gun lobby are forever talking about responsible gun ownership and respecting what a gun is; the anti-gun lobby are quite rightly aghast at the number of children who are killed or injured accidentally with guns each year. In my opinion, teaching children that guns are not toys would be a good thing. I got shouted down on that also.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
You're right. We had Hungerford and then Dunblane, the Australians had Port Arthur and both the British and Australians acted swiftly to try to prevent them from ever happening again. Sadly, the Americans have had Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Orlando, Vegas, San Ysidro, the cinema in Colorado and so many more and none of them have acted as a catalyst for the US to re-evaluate gun ownership.

In the aftermath of the Colorado shooting, I went online to an American news website to try to get my head around what the issue was. I got absolutely flamed for asking why gun ownership was so important to them. I never really got an answer past being told because of the 2nd Amendment.

I did also suggest that perhaps if the US banned toy guns then that would surely be a measure that would gain universal support. The pro-gun lobby are forever talking about responsible gun ownership and respecting what a gun is; the anti-gun lobby are quite rightly aghast at the number of children who are killed or injured accidentally with guns each year. In my opinion, teaching children that guns are not toys would be a good thing. I got shouted down on that also.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. Everyone knows that. Come on Buzzer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here