Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connor Goldson

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
This might be old news but just wanted to say that its great to see Connor playing again for the U23s and on the bench and edging back towards the 1st team line-up.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It is indeed.

Just wanted to reply to this thread to ask you why you have nicked my Avatar!!!??? Eh eh explain ha ha

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This might be old news but just wanted to say that its great to see Connor playing again for the U23s and on the bench and edging back towards the 1st team line-up.

It is good news but unless Dunk or Duffy get injured, suspended or sold in January he will still keep edging back but great to have as back up should any of the 3 happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will he play at Stevenage tomorrow in the checkatrade cup ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He's there already isn't he - he's been on the bench for the last three league games.

He'll not progress beyond that until injury or suspension intervenes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not getting CG out on loan was the second biggest failure in the last transfer window.
Hopefully that can be rectified as near to 01.01.18, as is allowed.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Not getting CG out on loan was the second biggest failure in the last transfer window.
Hopefully that can be rectified as near to 01.01.18, as is allowed.

Hardly, he's the best backup we have for Dunk and Duffy. We are lucky that nothing has prevented them playing so far. If and when it does, we need CG.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hardly, he's the best backup we have for Dunk and Duffy. We are lucky that nothing has prevented them playing so far. If and when it does, we need CG.
The player the club should have bought in, and Uwe, would have been the best backup centre backs.
In order for CG to be the next in line he needed a full championship season to prepare him for next season.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Why has Goldson replaced Hunemeir as the centre-back on the bench, especially after the German was so impressive when he replaced Duffy against Everton?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The player the club should have bought in, and Uwe, would have been the best backup centre backs.
In order for CG to be the next in line he needed a full championship season to prepare him for next season.

I'm in total agreement. I thought he was brilliant for the half season he was a regular and, had he not got injured for such a long time, it's likely he would be spoken about in a similar breath as Dunk and Duffy. A year out is a long time though, and he must need regular games to start pushing on again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in total agreement. I thought he was brilliant for the half season he was a regular and, had he not got injured for such a long time, it's likely he would be spoken about in a similar breath as Dunk and Duffy. A year out is a long time though, and he must need regular games to start pushing on again.

In the interests of full disclosure I might not have been as 100% correct as I thought, when saying CG needed to be replaced by an experienced Premier League player, who could help Dunk and Duffy adjust to life in this division. :lolol: :facepalm:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Left foot vs right foot?

Duffy was carrying a niggle after he came off vs Everton. Goldson is right footed so the more natural cover.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to be suggesting that Uwe is left-footed. I think that, like our other 3CBs, he's right-footed. Some right-footed players can play the left-sided CB role, eg, Dunk and Uwe (I'm pretty sure that, at some point, both Duffy and Goldson have played there too).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You seem to be suggesting that Uwe is left-footed. I think that, like our other 3CBs, he's right-footed. Some right-footed players can play the left-sided CB role, eg, Dunk and Uwe (I'm pretty sure that, at some point, both Duffy and Goldson have played there too).

Yes. When Dunk was ‘being driven to Fulham’ and we purchased, I surmised that it was as a direct replacement.....

But as you say he can definitely play on the right as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here