Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have we had the "do we still need a striker in January" thread yet?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not sure we do need another one.

If we're going to play with only 1 up front, (and assuming that Gross is undroppable), then the only justifications for buying another are to provide insurance against injuries, (less important as Baldock is on his way back) and to improve on what we have. In other words we would have to find someone who carried more goal threat than Murray. Best of luck with that one recruitment team

We've done alright so far with what we have, despite Injuries and suspensions

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The answer is yes as long as they realise they need to fit into the team as and when required and to offer us something different (plan b) when we need it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Murray and Hemed have done very well, but I feel we need more pace to help us create more chances, especially at home.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Our position in the table will do no harm in helping sway a transfer target.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Definite yes from me.Long way to go yet.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not sure we do need another one.

If we're going to play with only 1 up front, (and assuming that Gross is undroppable), then the only justifications for buying another are to provide insurance against injuries, (less important as Baldock is on his way back) and to improve on what we have. In other words we would have to find someone who carried more goal threat than Murray. Best of luck with that one recruitment team

We've done alright so far with what we have, despite Injuries and suspensions

Unfortunately we have a squad that can only play one way, oddly nobody seems to have worked this out yet.

January has to be about creating a squad that can adapt to other styles, there may even be times that we need to drop or rest Gross and play somebody else in the no 10 role or as a 2nd striker. CH said he will be looking at all positions and improving his squad

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I would say yes to a young talent for the future who can push others for their spot. I am not convinced by Izzy and he is not ours. But would not break the team spirit or bank looking for a direct replacement unless someone became availalbe who was very clearly better than Tomer and Murray, and not sure who that could be.

Agree though that it is a long season and so we should be looking to add.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hopefully a decent position come Jan will show to a candidate we ain't relegation fodder. Our strikers are doing fine but we still need a plan B...

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It's not my money, but I am going to say we should sign another striker. A quick one, gives us another option for a ball down the channel or a through pass to chase. Who? No idea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There will be 19 other teams in this league trying to improve their team/squad; we can't afford to be the one that doesn't try.

We tried to buy a striker in the summer because CH and his very capable recruitment team felt we needed one. We didn't manage to get one - bit of bad luck here and there, and I do wonder if we didn't dodge the odd bullet too - but the case remains; if we needed one then we need one in January (providing he's right for the club). Hemed and Murray have, I think, exceeded expectations, but we shouldn't rest on that.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yes. We need a centre forward who can carry the ball at pace and shoot. I'm not sure Izzy Brown is up to it. That chance today when he had an open goal with their keeper chasing back, was a big sign that he probably is lacking in confidence and brains at this level when he chose to pass it giving it straight back to Swansea. If we'd had a forward with a finishing instinct, he'd have at least had a shot knowing all it had to be was on target.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here