Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Great Western Railway - What a shambles!

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Went via Fratton and then GWR train to Cardiff. Currently stranded in Trowbridge probably for another hour. Can't see me making the game. Would the club offer refund for match ticket?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why did you chose that route was it the cheapest? I do not use trains very much but would have thought Gatwick to Reading would have been quicker then west from there. Eldest son has gone withn his mates but not sure which route as they come from Lancing and Portslade.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The GWR service from Brighton to Bristol does have a reputation for being cancelled at short notice and packed trains. I think they give Southern a good competition for being useless.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
The GWR service from Brighton to Bristol does have a reputation for being cancelled at short notice and packed trains. I think they give Southern a good competition for being useless.

Most definitely. Having sat here for about half an hour, an announcement has just said they haven't received any other information about the situation or about any buses.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Travelled from Newcastle. Smooth if long journey. From some reason in 1st Class for the Newport to Swansea part. GWR are poor at times but whoever compared them to Southern is well wide of the mark, Southern are beyond shit, with nearly two years of industrial action now and no sign of a proper resolution.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Currently stranded in Trowbridge probably for another hour. Can't see me making the game.

Having sat here for about half an hour, an announcement has just said they haven't received any other information about the situation or about any buses.

Fingers crossed, will get to Swansea at 3 so shouldn't miss much

He's on his waaaay
Petee's on his waaay.... :thumbsup:

maxresdefault (2).jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here