Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Double Glazing

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My old windows are pretty knackered and need replacing, can any of you guys recommend any companies to use or any to avoid? Thanks in advance.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Do it yourself and save the money.
Flip off the trim and measure up. Get the tape when buying replacement glass and that’s it.
There’s plenty of YouTube vids to help. I’ve done a few now having no experience before

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Used a1 glass. Easy to deal with & big in Brighton

Son used to work for them and i used to get all my D/G units over the last few years prices have gone up and up and now find them now too expensive.
As they have grown so as the're overheads which have to be paid for.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
We had Anglian hop aboard to price up new portholes. We told them at the outset we were just starting the journey and looking at the market for options. We were not looking to order on the day.

Had selective hearing, outstayed his welcome despite being aware we had commitment for the eve used all of the pre closes techniques etc - after 6 hours all you want is to get shot of them. It is tempting to order but do not. If they want your biz the offer will be available later once you have had time to look at options and be able to make an informed decision.

All I can say is stand firm, and do not let them "bully" you into ordering on the day - esp against "only today" offers. Expect the salesperson to need to call their boss to get approval for a better offer yada yada.

Check the market carefully as there are options and variance in quality of both materials & skills. Look at the quality of the samples they bring and ask to view existing customers. Also as has been mentioned ensure the organisation has cover for their warranty promises - FENSA is defo a must.

Enjoy the ride and stand your ground!

boik

Don't go for UPVC as they look thick and clunky. We didn't find that powder-coated aluminium cost much more and much slimmer profiles. You have to ask as they all push UPVC though.

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
Used Worthing Windows twice (different houses), decent price and after sales, e.g 8 years after came next day to change a handle that had come loose. Goatley's fitted office windows, slightly better quality but fair bit more expensive.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Son used to work for them and i used to get all my D/G units over the last few years prices have gone up and up and now find them now too expensive.
As they have grown so as the're overheads which have to be paid for.

I didn't say they were cheap - but they did price match some bi fold doors for me

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Don't go for UPVC as they look thick and clunky. We didn't find that powder-coated aluminium cost much more and much slimmer profiles. You have to ask as they all push UPVC though.

we have metal framed double glazing and its very prone to condensation and subsequently mould unless regularly wiped down.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Quality aluminium windows will cost nearly double good quality upvc, unless you get sucked in by Everest or Anglian
Liniar, Rehau or Halo Rustique are great value for money

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thanks for all of your replies. My house is pretty ugly so the look isn’t important, just need to improve insulation etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here