Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I see most JCL’s couldn’t be bothered with tonight’s under 23 game !!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With demand outstripping supply for tickets for first team matches, not to mention all the bollox of buying tickets just to get the points to buy other tickets, I can see more and more people getting interested in watching the U23 and younger teams. Now I understand that attendances aren't huge at these matches (and I don't think that the Training ground has a huge capacity) but why on earth can't the club make these games POTG (they can stipulate card only if they don't want to be arsed with handling cash) instead of all this nonsense of STHs only phoning up to get a ticket to print out at home or whatever?
It would generate a bit of revenue (OK, peanuts, know), but would be good customer relations. Like the old days at The Goldstone, somebody will wander up on spec. one day, get hooked and end up as a valued and loyal STH. So why make admission dependant upon a series of hoops to be jumped through?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
With demand outstripping supply for tickets for first team matches, not to mention all the bollox of buying tickets just to get the points to buy other tickets, I can see more and more people getting interested in watching the U23 and younger teams. Now I understand that attendances aren't huge at these matches (and I don't think that the Training ground has a huge capacity) but why on earth can't the club make these games POTG (they can stipulate card only if they don't want to be arsed with handling cash) instead of all this nonsense of STHs only phoning up to get a ticket to print out at home or whatever?
It would generate a bit of revenue (OK, peanuts, know), but would be good customer relations. Like the old days at The Goldstone, somebody will wander up on spec. one day, get hooked and end up as a valued and loyal STH. So why make admission dependant upon a series of hoops to be jumped through?

For me POTG wouldn't work, as if I've travelled down to see a match, then find I cannot get in because it's full, I'd be slightly pissed off. I can see your reasoning, but PAH suits me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For me POTG wouldn't work, as if I've travelled down to see a match, then find I cannot get in because it's full, I'd be slightly pissed off. I can see your reasoning, but PAH suits me.
Fair enough. But POTG would suit me much better, and I'm sure I'm not the only one - and I wasn't suggesting PAH (pay at home, I guess?) should be stopped; no reason not to offer choice.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fair enough. But POTG would suit me much better, and I'm sure I'm not the only one - and I wasn't suggesting PAH (pay at home, I guess?) should be stopped; no reason not to offer choice.

I'm all for choice.
When I went to see the recent U23 Villa game, the stand was not full to capacity.
Quite a few seats were taken up by some of the academy players and a few wannabe wags in the making!
I'm not a STH, so I grab what I can.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Would of gone,but my lad was playing at culver,we battered them but lost I hear

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Would of gone,but my lad was playing at culver,we battered them but lost I hear

Lost 3-2. God knows how. We battered them!! Was good to see Baldock back with a goal too. Played along side Connolly who also scored. Some good performances but unfortunately some lapses in concentration at the back. Saw at [MENTION=1408]hopkins[/MENTION] there. Comedy genius and under 23 football all in one superb training complex :clap2:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Only go to the nice posh stadium ay ? Shame about the result but nice to see a lot of old faces their.
Notice you only went after a stand was built. Didn't see you at the Fulham game a couple of years ago in squally conditions whilst standing on grass, ay?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here