Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Baily Wright (Bristol City) found guilty of Simulation

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Thoughts on this? Link.

Seems incredibly harsh to retrospectively ban him for this - there's a lot worse simulation that happens every week. Commentators love the "even though there was minimal contact, he's entitled to go down" etc. In fact I don't even think it's simulation, the guy does push him!

Think Bristol City can feel rightfully aggrieved.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thoughts on this? Link.

Seems incredibly harsh to retrospectively ban him for this - there's a lot worse simulation that happens every week. Commentators love the "even though there was minimal contact, he's entitled to go down" etc. In fact I don't even think it's simulation, the guy does push him!

Another example of bias / inconsistencies between the way rules are applied to the BIG clubs and the rest?

larus

Thoughts on this? Link.

The problem is worse in the Premier League and it's filtered out from there to the lower leagues over time. I feel that they should have taken a Premier League incident and used that first, so it's clear that there's no favouritism.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Any point waiting for Tadic to be done for his theatrical antics on Sunday afternoon, do you reckon?

Yoda

English & European
The correct decision was originally made by the officials of the match. Clear push and no exaggerating of the fall. The FA have set a precedent in saying that any push in the chest is no longer a red card offence.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
The correct decision was originally made by the officials of the match. Clear push and no exaggerating of the fall. The FA have set a precedent in saying that any push in the chest is no longer a red card offence.

If the FA believe that the push isn't sufficient to put someone on the floor, then there should be 5/6 players being retrospectively banned every week going down under minimal contact! Because I'm sure the FA will be consistent...???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
By the looks of it, the slower replay suggests it was a shove to the chest but he went down holding his head. I reckon the FA got it right.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Seems rather harsh. But then we know all about shite FA rulings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Why didn't Wright just get up from the push? In the end he was lying on the grass holding his face, didn't look like the push was in the face. Harsh to get the ban and unlucky to get caught, but why roll on the floor.

Yoda

English & European
By the looks of it, the slower replay suggests it was a shove to the chest but he went down holding his head. I reckon the FA got it right.

That is the only thing I can think they have done him for, but raising you hands and pushing a player in the chest like that is still a red card offence so it's a joke to over turn it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That is the only thing I can think they have done him for, but raising you hands and pushing a player in the chest like that is still a red card offence so it's a joke to over turn it.

Ah. I didn't see the bit about overturning the red. Yes, that's a ridiculous decision because the shove is clear and deliberate.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How the hell have they decided that the player should be suspended for that, fine take away the red card, but the player has clearly been pushed and knocked to the floor. Shocking from the FA.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can see why he has been banned for faking injury but how on earth has the red been rescinded?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I find the player to be really fragile nowadays. I would worry about how he would take the stress of an appeal.

That's why I would have been more inclined to take it to the Old Baily.

Also, with a charge of Simulation, I'd be concerned how he would stand up in court.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He was shoved to the ground yes, but why's he rolling around clutching his face? He was pushed in the chest...

rescinding the red is laughable though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ah. I didn't see the bit about overturning the red. Yes, that's a ridiculous decision because the shove is clear and deliberate.

It does explain the decision. If they overturned the red card then I guess they had to ban him for simulation.

It doesn't stop it being a completely stupid decision of course.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Of course it is simulation. The city player collapses and rolls on the floor clutching his face. A complete disgrace.

I'd like to see the FA do more to stop this kind of shit. Every team has at least one player who does it and a few more bans will soon put a stop to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here