Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Space news [ISS, SpaceX etc]

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
Saw a Shuttle launch in 1992 wont forget the noise and we were a few miles away

Likewise for me in 1983, I was 9 and in Florida for Easter and there was a shuttle launch, the maiden voyage of Challenger. My parents hired a Winnebago and we headed to the Space Coast, parking up on the side of the highway with a few other viewers the night before launch. We woke the next morning to the entire highway verge being rammed with vehicles if all kinds and for miles in each direction. My memories of the launch, watching from the roof of the Winnebago was just the awesome majesty of this man-made vehicle 'heading for the stars'. We were promised a vehicle shaking rumble even though we were several miles from the launch pad and sure enough, as the shuttle disappeared from view we had to hold on for dear life (in the eyes of a 9 and 7 year old inevitably over dramatising the scenario), as the ground shook.

I was hooked and have loved space and the great unknown of what's out there ever since.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
What has the international space station achieved in terms knowledge and the future of humanity. Apart from being a thrill ride with a great view.

A genuine question?

no one knows yet, that's point of research!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Still GO for launch.

If all goes well, two of the first stages will land back at Kennedy Space Centre and the other one will land on a drone ship called 'Of course I still love you!"

3b8266a0-e65c-4778-bea8-e58f2ba94cf7.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Still GO for launch.

If all goes well, two of the first stages will land back at Kennedy Space Centre and the other one will land on a drone ship called 'Of course I still love you!"

View attachment 93915
Yep, and the official SpaceX feed has just gone live.

Just think about what they're about to attempt - if they pull this off, they'll be launching a rocket to send a car towards Mars, then landing all three constituent parts of said rocket back on Earth less than 10 mins after launch.

Phenomenal stuff.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Loved the "Don't Panic" on the dashboard of the Tesla - very nice little touch.

The whole thing though...just wow.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just like everyone else. Just, WOW!

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Well that was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. The synchronised landing of the 2 side boosters at Kennedy space centre was awesome. I loved the “don’t panic” on the dash of the Tesla too!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here