Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Space news [ISS, SpaceX etc]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
400 years of discovery, from Galileo to Hubble to Space exploration.

14 years of YouTube and people will believe anything, literally anything.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Launch scrubbed yesterday due to upper level wind shear, new two-hour launch window opens tonight at 2335 BST.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Please present this proof that the moon is 240,000 miles away......sextants haven't been able to do this - nor has trig. Again - use the scientific method.

For trig to work in this respect, the size of the Moon must be known - again, they lie about this - but please, again show me this mainstream science proof that the Moon is the size they say it is.

I need to ask for my own peace of mind
For what purpose would anyone need to lie about these things? If the earth was flat people would just say it’s flat we still live on it with everything as it should be etc? The moons size is surely irrelevant? It serves no purpose other than affecting tides and seasons etc wether it’s smaller or larger than “they” say it is it still only does what it says on the tin so to speak please enlighten me mate

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nailed it.

All three cores landed safely.

Phenomenal stuff.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Please present this proof that the moon is 240,000 miles away......sextants haven't been able to do this - nor has trig. Again - use the scientific method.

For trig to work in this respect, the size of the Moon must be known - again, they lie about this - but please, again show me this mainstream science proof that the Moon is the size they say it is.

Resident dunce.

Here's an easy one for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqt9hZcWhJM

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
I need to ask for my own peace of mind
For what purpose would anyone need to lie about these things? If the earth was flat people would just say it’s flat we still live on it with everything as it should be etc? The moons size is surely irrelevant? It serves no purpose other than affecting tides and seasons etc wether it’s smaller or larger than “they” say it is it still only does what it says on the tin so to speak please enlighten me mate

This fits into a bigger lie...certainly not for this board.......if you really think the Moon alone moves the tides (but not on giant lakes), you've been punked.

PM me - I might not get back to you quickly, but if you are generally interested - due to actually realising the size an distance of the moon is not proven - then get in touch.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This fits into a bigger lie...certainly not for this board.......if you really think the Moon alone moves the tides (but not on giant lakes), you've been punked.

PM me - I might not get back to you quickly, but if you are generally interested - due to actually realising the size an distance of the moon is not proven - then get in touch.

Are you for real? There are actually tides on lakes but they are very small (the Great Lakes in North America for example have a tide of around 5cm).

It must be very scary in your world.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are you for real? There are actually tides on lakes but they are very small (the Great Lakes in North America for example have a tide of around 5cm).

It must be very scary in your world.

Exactly - the size of the tide is a result of the size, depth and shape of the specific body of water. The Med and Baltic both have short tidal ranges as they are relatively small seas, whereas the Atlantic & Pacific have large tides.

The tides on earth are diven by a combination of ALL gravitational forces affecting the earth, with the 2 main ones being the moon and the sun, hence sprint tides, when they align.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Wait, are you for real? Like, genuinely?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Resident dunce.

Here's an easy one for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqt9hZcWhJM

a475631a326f73718008902c3d99f7c7.png

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This isn't proof as it assumes the size.

You can prove it through a study of a total lunar eclipse, regardless of whether you know the diameter of the earth or not, you can correctly and factually calculate the earth is 3.7 times the size of the moon simply through the observation of shadows.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

The moon exists then? That's a start.

So many questions. :lolol:

Yoda

English & European
This isn't proof as it assumes the size.

Here you go dufas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTtce3rJxhc

The measurement he comes up with is actually closer that he says due to a couple points to remember: 1) the moon orbits in an ellipse and its apogee, perigee and mean distance are all different. Closest perigee is 356,400km. 2) remember the published value is from the centre of Earth, not a point on its surface, which is some fraction of 6,000km closer.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This Wednesday at 21:33 UK time, the SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule is scheduled to launch two astronauts from Kennedy Space Center to the ISS.

It'll be the first crewed launch from the US for 9 years (since the Space Shuttle was retired) and the first time that a vehicle built by a commercial company has launched astronauts.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This Wednesday at 21:33 UK time, the SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule is scheduled to launch two astronauts from Kennedy Space Center to the ISS.

It'll be the first crewed launch from the US for 9 years (since the Space Shuttle was retired) and the first time that a vehicle built by a commercial company has launched astronauts.

We've been tracking this one. Weather forecast isn't favourable right now - they'll try again on Saturday if they have to postpone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here