Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Space news [ISS, SpaceX etc]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure I fancy going into space where the commander is the CEO of a payment processing company and 'part-time' aviator!!! I'd prefer it the other way around. I know with all things going according to plan it's likely the whole thing will be run by computers but it's when they go wrong you want an experience astronaut/pilot in charge, not someone who can organize a quick whip round!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
SN9 test flight could be about to happen.

Lots of live streams underway on YT but no SpaceX one just yet.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So amazing. I'd love to witness that in the flesh, that sound is brutal. Hopefully it won't be long before they progress the testing and aim to stick the landing.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I’ll be honest I’m not giving many marks for execution of the landing.

Believe it or not, it's actually a planned crash. They call it RUD, rapid unscheduled disassembly.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Isn't there a huge delay, maybe 8 minutes or so, so they cant send a message to get it to land in a certain place.
Is the actual landing live with video or just someone sat in a chair saying 'It's down'?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Northrop Grumman Antares rocket is about 25 minutes away from launch

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Starship SN10 is having a test flight today. Time not confirmed yet but it is being prepared now.

Hopefully they will get it to land in one piece today!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
That's my evening sorted then, SN10 watch.
Anyone catch the last Starlink mission? Two seagulls on the floating landing platform and by sheer coincidence the rocket landing failed. No seagulls were harmed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like some Japanese Business Man is offering 8 places in this rocket fly-by of the moon mission free of charge on Musk’s SpaceX spacecraft in 2023.

You know what to do NSC, let’s make sure all the passengers are NSC posters!

Apply here:

https://dearmoon.earth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here