Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Patrice Evra - Sent Off Before Kick-Off

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Unusual one tonight in Marseille's Europa League game, where substitute Patrice Evra was given a red card during the pre-match warmup for kicking a Marseille fan in the head after an altercation between the players and a group of fans.

Sounds like he was channelling the spirit of a certain countryman of his.

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
32ce3.jpg

ka-pow!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Career finished for him I feel. Be interesting to hear what provoked it though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nonsense to suggest his career is finished, he'll be back. He's a fantastic player and a funny bloke, someone has obviously said something inappropriate and he's dished out the retribution.

Oooh Ah Patrice Evra!

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Not condoning the reaction but "fans" really need to learn to exercise some self control. Football wouldn't be football without the pantomime jeering, windups and so on but when things escalate to vitriolic, highly personal abuse then as far as I am concerned it becomes unacceptable.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
So, having been 'sent off' does that mean that team are allowed one less substitution?

He was named as a substitute, so I would think they just have one fewer less substitute available, but could make the normal number of substitutions....... unless the number of substitutions is unlimited, which I don't think it is.

Sorry - that got a bit complicated.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Anyone remember that incident where Patrice Evra was warming down after a match at Stamford Bridge for Manchester United in about 2008? The groundsman said he was deliberately ruining the pitch. Evra wasn't so brave after he found out the lawn attender was a Millwall fan!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
And on the subject of ground-staff altercations - our very own FDM at Bristol Rovers during the half-time a few moons ago.
Groundsman with his pitch-fork telling FDM he couldn't practice in the goal mouth - brave man.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8197463 said:
7 month ban. He was fined 10,000 euros (£8,829).

I'm sure the fine will hit him hard :facepalm:

He'll be 37 before he'll next be able to play a UEFA competition, January before he can sign for another team but there's a chance he'll never play a competitive match ever again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here