NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep, looks like a Star Wars film.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looks entertaining enough. For me personally, they are expanding it all too much and flooding cinemas with Star Wars films. I saw today they have another decade of films planned and beyond. There's only so much you can do with it surely? I'm not looking forward to seeing how they **** up the Indiana Jones legacy (although crystal skull did damage it anway)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looks entertaining enough. For me personally, they are expanding it all too much and flooding cinemas with Star Wars films. I saw today they have another decade of films planned and beyond. There's only so much you can do with it surely? I'm not looking forward to seeing how they **** up the Indiana Jones legacy (although crystal skull did damage it anway)

As long as they're good, why not?

I really liked Rogue One, loved the background story of how Leia can to be in possession of the stolen plans. All good. So next up, we first meet Han Solo where Obi Wan's offer to take them to Alderaan could 'really save our skins'. We know Han smuggled, avoided the empire, got on the wrong side of the Hutt, won the millennium falcon at cards, we know he must have met Chewy sometime after we see Chewy help Yoda escape during the Battle of Kashyyyk. Great film in the making. Caravan of Courage, meh, not so much...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

I really liked Rogue One, loved the background story of how Leia can to be in possession of the stolen plans. All good. So next up, we first meet Han Solo where Obi Wan's offer to take them to Alderaan could 'really save our skins'. We know Han smuggled, avoided the empire, got on the wrong side of the Hutt, won the millennium falcon at cards, we know he must have met Chewy sometime after we see Chewy help Yoda escape during the Battle of Kashyyyk. Great film in the making. Caravan of Courage, meh, not so much...
Agree with this - in fact 'Rogue One' is probably my favourite Star Wars film now. The Solo one has a lot of potential I think.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The Han Solo film looks like a bad idea. I imagine it'll be a box ticking exercise showing the run to wherever in how many parsecs, the card game etc.
I liked Rogue One though.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Awesome.

I hadn't realised it was coming out on the 15th and luckily I've got the entire following week off meaning I can go and enjoy a less packed early morning screening at the Komedia. Lovely.
It's the 14th December here.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

Solo was an imperial pilot, he refuses to carry out an order to skin Chewie and a bunch of slave Wookie children. Pretty sure that's the start of their relationship and the beginning of his hatred for the Empire.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Han Solo film looks like a bad idea. I imagine it'll be a box ticking exercise showing the run to wherever in how many parsecs, the card game etc.

That's my concern. Too much is already Canon around Han Solo. Even if they make a great movie we'll all be sitting there ticking off key moment...

Won the Falcon - tick
Kessel Run - tick
Saved Chewie - tick

It feels restrictive.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yep. "You're gonna find out what Solo's real name is" someone said. I didn't even know that Han wasn't his real name. Can't wait for TLJ though. Looks increible.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm quite excited about the influx of Star Wars films we're about to receive but I'd really like a trilogy set in the Old Republic era. I'm not saying a film version of the game series 'Knights of the Old Republic' (although that would be incredible) but something set around then would be brilliant.

So far removed from the films we already have that there'd be loads of room for creative license.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yep. "You're gonna find out what Solo's real name is" someone said. I didn't even know that Han wasn't his real name. Can't wait for TLJ though. Looks increible.

Agreed. His story was told over 4 films. We don't need to know anymore about him. Leave some mystery. Looking forward to the Last Jedi too.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm quite excited about the influx of Star Wars films we're about to receive but I'd really like a trilogy set in the Old Republic era. I'm not saying a film version of the game series 'Knights of the Old Republic' (although that would be incredible) but something set around then would be brilliant.

So far removed from the films we already have that there'd be loads of room for creative license.

If the book shown in the trailer for TLJ are from the dawn of the Jedi Order, and if that book is the Journal of the Whills then we will have a link back to the Old Republic times, that could spark a very pre prequel series.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A bounty hunter spin off would be pretty good. Boba Fett, IG-88, 4-Lom, Zuckas, Dengar, Bossk, all their interactions with the Empire, the Hutts and Solo/Chewie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here