Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray as legendary as Zamora and Ward - Elphick

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Very much my views also.

Zamora and Ward have dignity and thats fact.

Sorry but that's ridiculous, yes Murray left and returned but so did Ward and Zamora all three left to play at a higher level and ultimately earn more money, dignity or just career progression?
Not too sure how anyone can put Bobby in the same bracket as Ward and Murray as he never played at the highest level for the Albion (just playing devils advocate).

D

Deleted member 2719

Sorry but that's ridiculous, yes Murray left and returned but so did Ward and Zamora all three left to play at a higher level and ultimately earn more money, dignity or just career progression?
Not too sure how anyone can put Bobby in the same bracket as Ward and Murray as he never played at the highest level for the Albion (just playing devils advocate).

Ward and Bobby didn't go to our rivals Palarse, i am still standing by he has no dignity.
If Glenn scores a brace against CPFC and celebrates, I may change my opinion.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If Palace had come in with the right offer for Bobby or Wardy at the time I'm sure they would have been off like a shot. It's their career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Ward and Bobby didn't go to our rivals Palarse, i am still standing by he has no dignity.

£2k extra per week times 52 weeks = £104k times three year contract = £312k that's just on top of his salary he would have earned at the Albion, I would lose my dignity for that.
Out of curiosity do you feel the same way about Mullery?

Bucephalus

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
The shame of it was that Muzza was happy at Brighton and never wanted to leave but Gus didn't rate him and was lining up a replacement so made a paltry contract offer which Palace willingly trumped. Don't see Muzza was left with much of a choice - did any other clubs offer him a contract?? - and note he continued to live in Brighton after leaving BHA - so for me Poyet was totally to blame for that situation occurring. At the end of the day it's what he's done for BHA that counts and on that basis his achievements definitely speak for themselves...a BHA legend in my book and right up there with Wardy and Zamora.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Nope. Ward was more exciting. And as trivial as it may seem to some he never played for Palace. But Murray is a star, and delighted he is with us

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The shame of it was that Muzza was happy at Brighton and never wanted to leave but Gus didn't rate him and was lining up a replacement so made a paltry contract offer which Palace willingly trumped. Don't see Muzza was left with much of a choice - did any other clubs offer him a contract?? - and note he continued to live in Brighton after leaving BHA - so for me Poyet was totally to blame for that situation occurring. At the end of the day it's what he's done for BHA that counts and on that basis his achievements definitely speak for themselves...a BHA legend in my book and right up there with Wardy and Zamora.

This. Sums it up nicely for me.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Since Murray's returned to the Albion I do feel he has become more charismatic - or perhaps because we've been on Sky so often the past 12 months I've noticed it more in post-match interviews. His goal celebrations against Newcastle at home and Brum and Villa away showed, in my mind, how much the club means to him.

FYI I'm more of a Hemed fan than Murray, but I'm warming to Murray game by game (or goal by goal, rather)!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Well - he didn’t celebrate when he scored against us for Palace. That was pretty dignified in my book.

So, in your mind he’ll only regain “dignity” if he scores twice against Palace and then does the full Adebayor in front of their fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

£2k extra per week times 52 weeks = £104k times three year contract = £312k that's just on top of his salary he would have earned at the Albion, I would lose my dignity for that.
Out of curiosity do you feel the same way about Mullery?

He could have gone anywhere else, but he didn't. Incidentally how would you feel if he had handed a transfer request in preseason and wanted to go to Palarse but we blocked it???

Well - he didn’t celebrate when he scored against us for Palace. That was pretty dignified in my book.

So, in your mind he’ll only regain “dignity” if he scores twice against Palace and then does the full Adebayor in front of their fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yes i would love to see him give it large, of course he won't because he loves them too much.

He looks quite happy in this picture though.

Attachments

• glenn-murray-vs-brighton-2012.jpg
    glenn-murray-vs-brighton-2012.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 228

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This is an interesting topic. I love Murray and I would regard him as an 'Abion Great' rather than a 'Legend' in the way that Ward and Zamora regarded.

For me Zamora was the individual who was key to the Abion reboot in the Withdean years and made the journey on which we are currrently embarked possible. In his time here, specifically in his first spell he had a talismanic quality that exceeded his ability on the field. I mean this with the greatest of respect but I think Murray manages to melt himself into the fabric of the team in a way which actually underplays his achievements, which, and you can argue that this is unfairly, deny him the 'legendary' status that Ward and Zamora have.

I do however fully believe that Murray has every right to be mentioned in the same breath as those two other giants of the Albion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yes Murray is a legend in my eyes and that is all that counts to me, how many other players have been with us through the leagues.
The Palace move was unfortunate and not of his making, this was proved by his not wanting to move out of the area.
He is an understated man, who may not scream passion to you which some fans demand and judge players, which is wrong in my opinion. He is a legend and should be rightly recognised as such.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Got you off your seat? Oh yeah, posh bloke in the West were you? Most of us were standing mate whenever Wardy scored!

Oy, I had a West Stand seat and was just as passionate as I was when I stood on the West Terrace, many moons ago!:D:D

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Came back and took us up into the rarified atmosphere of the Premier League, his goals will keep us there. Having watched all three play for the Albion, yes he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Ward and Bobby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh yes i would love to see him give it large, of course he won't because he loves them too much.

He looks quite happy in this picture though.

Are you completely mad? When he played for Palarse he was a Palarse player. What would you expect when he scored for them? A meltdown? FFS!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Think you'll struggle to find an Albion player with more dignity than Murray. A very classy guy.

There is one on here who could say a bit about the dignity of Ward. I won't tag him cos I don't want to scrape open old scabs.

Murray for me is a LEGEND along with (players I saw included, only) Zamora and O'Sullivan and Henderson (S) and Christopher Robin Anthony Napier. And Ward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here