Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier league

Lindleyite

Oct 31, 2017
Hi Terriers fan here, just want your thoughts on the premiership. My thoughts are now that we've reached the promised land I not sure it's all what it's cracked up to be. Too many stop starts, miss Tuesday night football, and what we've seen of the top six, fans are shit and have a sense of entitlement. My son went to Anfield and said he'd never been to a more dreary ground atmosphere wise and wouldn't rush back. Home support though fantastic.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think we feel similar, although for Anfield read Emirates, but are enjoying it, this is what we have been aspiring to for ages and some elements of it are great. Certainly want to stay here!

Incidentally do you get lots of tiresome people on your message board moaning whenever someone writes 'premiership' instead of 'premier league'? People who care too much about that are one of the most annoying things about being in this league for me.

Looking forward to the game at yours, reckon it will be one of the few I can get tickets for

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Thoroughly enjoyable if you ask me. I've seen Rooney shaken by a majestic Paddy, West Ham humiliated (apparently), Pulis disappointed, Rafa disgruntled, the glorious PaLLLLLLLace sequence, relief from intermittent Nigel infestations on here and the Dunk & Duffy fan club founded on MOTD2. Most of us are pleasantly surprised with how well it all seems to be going. There are of course a few gloomy buggers about ... they're the ones with Yorkshire blood in 'em by the way. Pride does of course come before a fall. But so far so good.

Come back and ask us again when, like you, we have failed to score in 6 of our last 8 games (P8 W1 D3 L4 F3 A13 if my maths are right). But you'll probably still find us annoyingly chipper if we have managed to beat Man U during that run.

In short, what's not to like?

(the fact that I can't stroll up and POTG for an away game ... now that's bloody annoying)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yep, pretty much the same. When we have beaten or drawn or even audacity not get a complete hammering, their fans scream like banshee, of how badly their team played against a non entity team like Brighton. This seems to be because if they have not heard of a player they must be sh1t and their team of super stars should be annihilating us and anything else is unacceptable.

To be honest I pity them it's quite amusing to see them crying. If you get tickets to Arsenal away you will be amazed at the number of selfie taking tourists that attend and if you get behind your team in the sterile atmosphere, they will take video of your support as they will not understand how anyone can still support a team who is losing.

I am sure your enjoying it as much as us and I hope we both put the so called experts in their place and survive.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
My complaint about the Prem is that it looks like Man City are eventually going to kill the league and turn it into a 1 horse race buying out any decent player just to weaken the opposition. Something needs to be done about how the money and wages are controlled otherwise there'll be no healthy competition and people will just get bored which will eventually create half empty stadiums. It just doesn't seem right that a club owned by ridiculously rich people can literally buy all the fun of football all for themselves.
I've even spoken to Man City fans who've said it's all becoming a bit stale now the gulf in class has become so wide with every team they play. It must be a luxury for Man City fans just to have a game where the opposition give them some excitement. They've dropped 2 point all season so far. Just think what it feels like for us getting a win against the likes of West Ham and Newcastle and then compare that to what it must feel like for Man City to get a win. It must be pretty boring watching your team thrash every opposition they play. Every time they sign a world class £50m player, he's just going to be another average player in comparison to what Man City have already got in their squad. I bet the City fans don't get at all excited about who they're signing now. It's just going to be another player like the one before.

I would love it if all the clubs agreed that 2nd place is now the new 1st place, accepting Man City as a team in their own league where all the opposition field their reserves against them based on the knowhow their 1st team would get trumped by them anyway.
I wonder how their owners would cope with that?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My complaint about the Prem is that it looks like Man City are eventually going to kill the league and turn it into a 1 horse race buying out any decent player just to weaken the opposition. Something needs to be done about how the money and wages are controlled otherwise there'll be no healthy competition and people will just get bored which will eventually create half empty stadiums. It just doesn't seem right that a club owned by ridiculously rich people can literally buy all the fun of football all for themselves. I've even spoken to Man City fans who've said it's all becoming a bit stale now the gulf in class has become so wide with every team they play. It must be a luxury for Man City fans just to have a game where the opposition give them some excitement. They've dropped 2 point all season so far. Just think what it feels like for us getting a win against the likes of West Ham and Newcastle and then compare that to what it must feel like for Man City to get a win. It must be pretty boring watching your team thrash every opposition they play. Every time they sign a world class £50m player, he's just going to be another average player in comparison to what Man City have already got in their squad. I bet the City fans don't get at all excited about who they're signing now. It's just going to be another player like the one before.
I would love it if all the clubs agreed that 2nd place is now the new 1st place accepting Man City as a team in their own league where all the opposition field their reserves against them based on the knowhow their 1st team would get trumped by them anyway.
I wonder how their owners would cope with that?

Change Man City with Celtic you are describing the same scenario. I laugh when they celebrating winning the league for the umpteenth time like it was not some sort of foregone conclusion.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Change Man City with Celtic you are describing the same scenario. I laugh when they celebrating winning the league for the umpteenth time like it was not some sort of foregone conclusion.

Yes, it's a similar scenario and look how crap that league is. Even Celtic play their home games in a half empty stadium.

Could be the Prem soon.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think we feel similar, although for Anfield read Emirates, but are enjoying it, this is what we have been aspiring to for ages and some elements of it are great. Certainly want to stay here!

Incidentally do you get lots of tiresome people on your message board moaning whenever someone writes 'premiership' instead of 'premier league'? People who care too much about that are one of the most annoying things about being in this league for me.

Looking forward to the game at yours, reckon it will be one of the few I can get tickets for

In addition to Huddersfield away, you can get tickets for virtually every game in the Premiership that you want to attend. :laugh:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Hi Terriers fan here, just want your thoughts on the premiership. My thoughts are now that we've reached the promised land I not sure it's all what it's cracked up to be. Too many stop starts, miss Tuesday night football, and what we've seen of the top six, fans are shit and have a sense of entitlement. My son went to Anfield and said he'd never been to a more dreary ground atmosphere wise and wouldn't rush back. Home support though fantastic.

Echo some of your points. Definitely miss the midweek games and the stadiums are soulless morgues. You're complaining about Anfield, just wait for the Emirates....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Enjoying every minute. Don't miss midweek fixtures one bit

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Your points do ring a bell for many, which is lucky for you - you've actually got some pleasant replies without anybody flaming you and pointing out that we haven't switched to the oval ball, and we won't play in the premiership before hell freezes over!
Long may "We shouldn't be losing to the likes of xxxxxxx" ring out from disgruntled established PL fans who find their entitlement to three easy points doesn't happen!

Lindleyite

Oct 31, 2017
Don't get me wrong I am enjoying it, but just miss certain things. Wouldn't bother me if the top 6 did go into a European mini league and we could have the old divisions back again ( god I'm turning into a grumpy old sod ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here