Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] National Football Museum

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Went to it when it was at Deepdale, Preston. Pretty good for an hour before our 0-3 defeat. Highlight though was seeing Sir Tom Finney on the pitch at half time on his 80th birthday.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why was it moved from Preston?

Seagull Saz

Aug 18, 2013
We went a few years ago - it was very good. I remember listening to an Albion match radio clip there. Hope to go back next year to see Stuart Roy Clarke's new exhibition of his great Homes of Football photos.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Ive been-I took it in during an away trip to Bolton a couple of years ago. I thought it was interesting and worth a visit. Its pretty convenient,just opposite Manchester Victoria train station. At the time,it was free to get in as well

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Went to it when it was at Deepdale, Preston. Pretty good for an hour before our 0-3 defeat. Highlight though was seeing Sir Tom Finney on the pitch at half time on his 80th birthday.

I remember it well. Shame he couldn't be persuaded to pull on a Brighton shirt for the afternoon, we might even have scored a goal then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went when it was at Deep Dale and found it very good. It’s warts and all approach, not glossing over anything, was quite refreshing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Worth going.

What's astounding is where the original FA Cup is housed - not today's shiney version, but the first ever cup. You'd think it would be a centre piece, but you'll find it tucked away somewhere off the beaten track. As enjoyable as the museum was, I rather found that to be symbolic of modern football.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Yep went a couple of years ago (in Manchester), loads of really interesting stuff about for all ages. Enjoy!

Enjoyed my visit when it was in Preston, well worth a visit

We went a few years ago - it was very good. I remember listening to an Albion match radio clip there. Hope to go back next year to see Stuart Roy Clarke's new exhibition of his great Homes of Football photos.

Ive been-I took it in during an away trip to Bolton a couple of years ago. I thought it was interesting and worth a visit. Its pretty convenient,just opposite Manchester Victoria train station. At the time,it was free to get in as well

I remember it well. Shame he couldn't be persuaded to pull on a Brighton shirt for the afternoon, we might even have scored a goal then.

I went when it was at Deep Dale and found it very good. It’s warts and all approach, not glossing over anything, was quite refreshing.

Worth going.

What's astounding is where the original FA Cup is housed - not today's shiney version, but the first ever cup. You'd think it would be a centre piece, but you'll find it tucked away somewhere off the beaten track. As enjoyable as the museum was, I rather found that to be symbolic of modern football.

Thanks all :thumbsup:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Went last summer with my two boys. We spent about three hours there - it's excellent.

Free entry with a few paying attractions aimed at kids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here