Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Swansea Harvest

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So with the first game since Bournemouth in the Cup, with a real potential for no shows, do you think we will see a full harvest this weekend or will this go without a problem.

15 Loyalty points a 15 hour round trip or £100 for train tickets with United also this month, there may have been a few who brought for th points.

What are your thoughts?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
So with the first game since Bournemouth in the Cup, with a real potential for no shows, do you think we will see a full harvest this weekend or will this go without a problem.

15 Loyalty points a 15 hour round trip or £100 for train tickets with United also this month, there may have been a few who brought for th points.

What are your thoughts?

Given that there are small batches tickets popping up regularly on the club ticket site, I'm guessing that many those who have a ticket but "can't" go for whatever reason are putting the tickets back on sale through the club, rather than harvesting the points (perhaps even influenced by Barber stamping his feet after the Bournemouth no-shows). But we'll see on Saturday - I'd still be surprised if there are huge blocks of empty seats.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Given that there are small batches tickets popping up regularly on the club ticket site, I'm guessing that many those who have a ticket but "can't" go for whatever reason are putting the tickets back on sale through the club, rather than harvesting the points (perhaps even influenced by Barber stamping his feet after the Bournemouth no-shows). But we'll see on Saturday - I'd still be surprised if there are huge blocks of empty seats.

These tickets have popped up for every game this season so far, the only time I haven't heard of this happening is Arsenal.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm not sure I understand the appeal for buying tickets just for the points, so that you can get to one of the bigger games later. So 3 or 4 away tickets at £30 each, so that I can go to Chelsea for example. It's the same as saying 'Would I pay £120 to go to see us at Chelsea?' - and the answer is - no!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Bought a ticket and attending. Looking forward to it as it was one the away games I looked out for after we go promoted.

Thought it looked like a nice place to visit

Attachments

• Swansea%20Photo%20Stadium.jpg
    Swansea%20Photo%20Stadium.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 804

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There will be a few, but with this game I think it is an attractive fixture to pass those tickets on to other friends and family instead. So I don't see there being many spare seats, but I'd predict not everyone who bought their ticket will be the one in their seat on Saturday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not sure I understand the appeal for buying tickets just for the points, so that you can get to one of the bigger games later. So 3 or 4 away tickets at £30 each, so that I can go to Chelsea for example. It's the same as saying 'Would I pay £120 to go to see us at Chelsea?' - and the answer is - no!

There are surely lots of fans with low loyalty points asking all their friends and family with higher loyalty points to get them tickets if they are not going to use them. It is a win win if you couldn't go to Swansea, but could bank the loyalty points because a mate will go on your ticket and give you the money for it. That will be happening, on what scale is anyone's guess.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How anyone can think a haribo cup game is comparitive to a league fixture is beyond me.

"real potential for no shows" ... Yea I think not.

Strikes me as a debate for those who don't follow us on the road too often.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How anyone can think a haribo cup game is comparitive to a league fixture is beyond me.

"real potential for no shows" ... Yea I think not.

Strikes me as a debate for those who don't follow us on the road too often.

I know several people who have all brought tickets to hand on as my mates have had to buy them to go.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm going - but opted for an early train back. Now facing the prospect of a fearsome tab
from the ground to the station at final whistle.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I know several people who have all brought tickets to hand on as my mates have had to buy them to go.

It's not a no show if they're handing them on surely, which happens all the time.

I've passed tickets on and had tickets passed onto me through NSC in the past and points harvesting wasn't in anybody's mind then.

I doubt people in for Swansea even need the points, alot of them probably have enough for wave1 Anfield already without attending another game in between. That ****ing Bmuff game has got everyone chasing their tails, including our CEO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here