Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Murray - Palace are hurting

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272610&page=5

FFS was easily good enougjh, and shipping him out was a big mistake. We would have been far better off had he still been here now.

B'mouth was always a poor club for him. he thrives on delivery from the wings, which he'd have got at palace, and is now getting at BHA.

Just another example of Parish's arrogance, along with the 'we've got a better squad than Burnley', 'this squad is bursting with talent', 'what if the sun doesn't come up', 'we've got to look to europe not just fight relegation' and the 'dutch revolution'.

this **** about him wanting to go. He allegedly wanted first team football. wtf does that even mean. He should have been told he's one of our regular strikers. Making him feel not wanted is part of the crapness of the policy. It was stupid and practically all of us knew it. It was arrogance not wanting him and letting him go

Exactly this. That transfer was one of the worst sales in recent years, apart from Victor Moses and Nat Clyne which was in totally different circumstances.

One minute he was been talked of as someone for Connor Wickham to learn from, the next he was being sold for apparently a "great value" £3-4m. This is peanuts these days for a proven goalscorer, who could still have been a great option of the bench for us. From our point of view, what an absolute waste.

Brighton look a lot more effective (opta needs to find a way of measuring "effectiveness") with him in the team. He occupies defenders, retains possession and attacking shape, and gives focus to their play. He may not score loads of goals but he'll get a few while bringing other players into the game. The club got way ahead of itself thinking that he (like Jedinak) weren't valuable to the first team.

Must say, he did look good the last 2 matches...and he is outscoring Benteke at the moment in a newly promoted team no less.

we know how this ends. Brighton stayed up. We went down with 31 pts

Lovely thread. What comes around goes around eh.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It would be the absolute cherry on top if Murray scores against Palace. I don't think there'd be anything worse for them to be on the receiving end of one of his finishers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It would be the absolute cherry on top if Murray scores against Palace. I don't think there'd be anything worse for them to be on the receiving end of one of his finishers.

You wouldn't get him celebrating though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's a very rare example of a player both Brighton and Palace love. Their loss is very much our gain.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

If we got a penalty though I would prefer Hemed was on the pitch as there would be a lot of added pressure on Murray (unless of course it was for his hat trick)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Has any club that's let Glenn Murray go not regretted it? (Including us)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shame poyet was so obsessed with signing CMS

Indeed.

With the power of hindsight, binning off Murray probably set us back 4-5 years. Pretty confident we'd have made the PL within the first couple of years at the Amex had we kept hold of him, although like everyone else I was (initially) thrilled at the CMS signing.

Ah well, water under the bridge. We got there in the end.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Letting Murray go first time was idiotic, but at least we got him back.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As noted elsewhere, he scored loads for us and got us promoted, went to Palace, scored loads for them and got them promoted, then came back to us, scored loads more and got us promoted. Three promotions on the back of his goals and never relegated, a player who knows his game inside out and must be one of the more under-rated strikers of the last decade. is this his first time as a premier league regular? If so this might just be his time to shine

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Indeed.

With the power of hindsight, binning off Murray probably set us back 4-5 years. Pretty confident we'd have made the PL within the first couple of years at the Amex had we kept hold of him, although like everyone else I was (initially) thrilled at the CMS signing.

Ah well, water under the bridge. We got there in the end.

Screw hindsight. Plenty of us saying it was a bizarre/daft move at the time.

But yes, doesn't really matter now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here