Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

larus

To be fair, the Tories are doing Ernest’s job for him; if they’re not incompetent then they’re dirty perverts.

Yeah, like Bex Bailey being raped at a Labour ‘event’. At least Fallon only touched someone’s knee.

You’re as bad as Ernest. No intelligence, just constant ‘Tories are scum’ remarks - if you really think there is any difference in morals between Labour and Topry voters than you are more of a ******** than I previously thought.:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't suppose 'office hours' exist in the world of Westminster.
Who the hell would want to be a public figure these days, let alone a prominent politician. Your life is no longer your own and you are there for anyone and everyone to have a pop at ,justified or not.
I am sure a lot of people who may have made good MP's will be put off by the ridiculous hysteria, that is at present infesting our society, and in the process, lumping the calling of someone 'sugar tits' with the likes of Savile.
Heaven help us. This country has gone really weird.

Within the world of those involved, most people know - especially in HR - what's appropriate and inappropriate. And what's none of their business. However, seeing as we have a print media which in large part is there to appeal to the lowest common denominator, it needs to be whipped into a newsworthy story in order to be understood by the ignorati. And that means over-simplifying the story, or fabricating hysteria.

The truth is - some MPs feel it's within their unwritten, understood right to behave exactly how they see fit. "It's been going on for decades, my dear fellow, what's the bloody problem with the odd grope now and then? Can't a hard-working chap have some fun...?" etc. Believe it or not, 'sugar tits' is an inappropriate within an office environment - no matter what the office hour. It's evident one or two don't quite get that.

For me - one of the reasons it has become a news story isn't because they are MPs per se - it's more because they have a certain amount of power (or access to power) and believe themselves immune. It's not whether any MP in question feels it's right or wrong - that another argument entirely. It's about what they feel that they can get away with.

If a proper system were in place to shop those who are sexually inappropriate (or worse), you'll find much of it grinding to a halt - even if some do believe this is 'PC gone mad'.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Within the world of those involved, most people know - especially in HR - what's appropriate and inappropriate. And what's none of their business. However, seeing as we have a print media which in large part is there to appeal to the lowest common denominator, it needs to be whipped into a newsworthy story in order to be understood by the ignorati. And that means over-simplifying the story, or fabricating hysteria.

The truth is - some MPs feel it's within their unwritten, understood right to behave exactly how they see fit. "It's been going on for decades, my dear fellow, what's the bloody problem with the odd grope now and then? Can't a hard-working chap have some fun...?" etc. Believe it or not, 'sugar tits' is an inappropriate within an office environment - no matter what the office hour. It's evident one or two don't quite get that.

For me - one of the reasons it has become a news story isn't because they are MPs per se - it's more because they have a certain amount of power (or access to power) and believe themselves immune. It's not whether any MP in question feels it's right or wrong - that another argument entirely. It's about what they feel that they can get away with.

If a proper system were in place to shop those who are sexually inappropriate (or worse), you'll find much of it grinding to a halt - even if some do believe this is 'PC gone mad'.

Well OTT, I reckon Mr.Large and served with huge portions of presumptions.
We seem to have lost a sense of proportion in society, at the moment, and it appears that Julia Hartley Brewer agrees.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You know I was saying that they are all as bad as each other....

Capture.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If this is about a affair or affairs outside of office hours, that oughtn't be a Parliamentary issue.

She's been 'single' since 1995, and that's nothing to do with her being an MP or Home Secretary, unless there's an issue of security - but that would be about it.

Not sure what's 'inappropriate' here.

That's what I thought, as it was common knowledge, but as Kwasi Kwarteng MP appears to have a rabid penchant for female cabinet members of the Conservative and Unionist cabinet who seemingly can't say 'no' to him, it's certainly now more of a interesting a revelation than I thought possible initially.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's what I thought, as it was common knowledge, but as Kwasi Kwarteng MP appears to have a rabid penchant for female cabinet members of the Conservative and Unionist cabinet who seemingly can't say 'no' to him, it's certainly now more of a interesting a revelation than I thought possible initially.

Genuine question - what is it with the Conservative and Unionist affectation? Do you also refer to those Labour MPs who are Co-Operative Party members with their full title or is this supposed to be some sort of strange insult?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Nicholas Soames must be waiting for the knock on his door. 20 women MP's made allegations against him for inappropriate behaviour but it never went any further a few years ago.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well OTT, I reckon Mr.Large and served with huge portions of presumptions.
We seem to have lost a sense of proportion in society, at the moment, and it appears that Julia Hartley Brewer agrees.

These are not presumptions, they're active allegations - in some cases of sexual assault.

Bully for Julia Hartley Brewer. The fact that she has brushed off her own incident has no relevance to the other cases.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here