Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
listening on news earlier, and bit distrurbed by how they used terms sex pest and inappropriate behaviour in the same sentance, as if they are the same thing. and here we are, thats the narrative now, the media will distort anything for a few cycles of news, and real victims drowned out in the noise.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
There's more about it here. Lets see if any more come forward. Other wise it could just be the politics of envy.

About 50 people, including MPs and Ministers, were attending a lavish, £3,000 Christmas party hosted by wealthy Tory MP David Mowat – an invitation highly sought after, not least because the free bar lasts all evening.
Guests enjoyed canapes, washed down with copious quantities of £36-a-bottle Vondeling wine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hor-slut-drunken-bar-clash.html#ixzz4x3rZ2lok
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-female-author-slut-drunken-bar-clash.html

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
....Michael Fallon. Will he resign or May sack him ?

Might be an idea to read the facts about the situation 15 years ago. If this being a sex pest, I think some sort of help is needed for you, though I have often thought that about you after so many of your spurious posts.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Might be an idea to read the facts about the situation 15 years ago. If this being a sex pest, I think some sort of help is needed for you, though I have often thought that about you after so many of your spurious posts.

Are you joking? Don't you know that if a Tory so much as THINKS of someone of the opposite sex or persuasion then they're a vile paedo creep and need to be sacked and deselected immediately. But a Labour MP can say, write or do whatever they want to and they're all jolly good fellows and need to be understood.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Are you joking? Don't you know that if a Tory so much as THINKS of someone of the opposite sex or persuasion then they're a vile paedo creep and need to be sacked and deselected immediately. But a Labour MP can say, write or do whatever they want to and they're all jolly good fellows and need to be understood.

Er ... which party has withdrawn the whip from one of its MPs for inappropriate behaviour?
(I'll give you a clue, it wasn't the Tories)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
UPDATE: Statement from Julia, who says she is not a victim:

“I have received a number of calls today from newspapers and broadcasters asking me to comment on a claim that I was the victim of sexual harassment by a current Cabinet minister.

I have spoken previously about a Cabinet minister who repeatedly put his hand on my knee during a party conference dinner. I calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would “punch him in the face”. He withdrew his hand and that was the end of the matter.

I have had no issues since with the man in question and do not regard the incident as anything but mildly amusing, which is why I have declined to name him. It has also been claimed that the same minister made remarks to me about my breasts. If he did, I certainly don’t recall those comments.

Wild rumours and claims are circulating about many male MPs at Westminster in a media feeding frenzy. I have worked in and around Westminster for 20 years and, as far as I am aware, incidents of genuine harassment involve only a small number of MPs from all parties.

I believe it is absurd and wrong to treat workplace banter and flirting – and even misjudged sexual overtures – between consenting adults as being morally equivalent to serious sexual harassment or assault.

It demeans genuine victims of real offences. Anyone with any allegations against an MP, or anyone else, should speak up now and provide the evidence to ensure any necessary action is taken.

I have not been a victim and I don’t wish to take part in what I believe has now become a Westminster witch hunt.”

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

“I have received a number of calls today from newspapers and broadcasters asking me to comment on a claim that I was the victim of sexual harassment by a current Cabinet minister.

I have spoken previously about a Cabinet minister who repeatedly put his hand on my knee during a party conference dinner. I calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would “punch him in the face”. He withdrew his hand and that was the end of the matter.

I have had no issues since with the man in question and do not regard the incident as anything but mildly amusing, which is why I have declined to name him. It has also been claimed that the same minister made remarks to me about my breasts. If he did, I certainly don’t recall those comments.

Wild rumours and claims are circulating about many male MPs at Westminster in a media feeding frenzy. I have worked in and around Westminster for 20 years and, as far as I am aware, incidents of genuine harassment involve only a small number of MPs from all parties.

I believe it is absurd and wrong to treat workplace banter and flirting – and even misjudged sexual overtures – between consenting adults as being morally equivalent to serious sexual harassment or assault.

It demeans genuine victims of real offences. Anyone with any allegations against an MP, or anyone else, should speak up now and provide the evidence to ensure any necessary action is taken.

I have not been a victim and I don’t wish to take part in what I believe has now become a Westminster witch hunt.”

I'm glad someone has come out and said something like that.

D

Deleted member 22389

Whole thing has gone completely over the top now.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I am sure there will be a equal amount of offenders from the Marxist , sorry current Labour Party.

The new Corbyn Labour Party is the new nasty party after all

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am sure there will be a equal amount of offenders from the Marxist , sorry current Labour Party.

The new Corbyn Labour Party is the new nasty party after all

The new MP for Sheffield Hallam being the most obvious and unpleasant example.... and ignored by Corbyn and the labour 'leadership' when exposed MONTHS AGO.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I wonder which Tory speechwriter wrote that and what they threatened her with to agree to put her name to it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wonder which Tory speechwriter wrote that and what they threatened her with to agree to it.

She is a professional journalist and broadcaster... and is well capable of forming her own opinions and writing her own copy.

This isn't the nasty Momentum lead Labour party we are talking about here.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wonder which Tory speechwriter wrote that and what they threatened her with to agree to put her name to it.

That was exactly my first thought

Is that what goes on in the Labour party then? I fail to understand why an independent broadcaster and journalist would bow to that sort of pressure. You seem to have a very warped view of the world.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She is a professional journalist and broadcaster... and is well capable of forming her own opinions and writing her own copy.

This isn't the nasty Momentum lead Labour party we are talking about here.

I've absolutely no doubt she can write superb copy. I doubt she wrote this though. It just covers too many bases and addresses so much of what political party members across the board have been accused of. I may well be wrong but that statement stinks to high heaven.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is that what goes on in the Labour party then? I fail to understand why an independent broadcaster and journalist would bow to that sort of pressure. You seem to have a very warped view of the world.

By saying much more I'm probably straying into libel but I will say that it doesn't take much for a well connected person to find something on someone and exploit it to their own ends.
I'm not saying that has happened here but it has in the past.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here