Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steven Davis goal celebration

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Can anyone explain the cupped ear to the North Stand? I didn’t think he or Southampton in general had received any stick from us? Just seemed a bit petulant and unnecessary - or did I miss something?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I dont think you missed anything but i do think you are trying to read too much into something

A goal away after 6 minutes = silence the crowd (& it worked - we were quite subdued)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
'Cue' 'pockets' of snooker japes.

Ooohhh one 'chalked' up already.

Hilarity.

At least he didn't go snooker loopy.

tenor.gif

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Can anyone explain the cupped ear to the North Stand? I didn’t think he or Southampton in general had received any stick from us? Just seemed a bit petulant and unnecessary - or did I miss something?

Was chatting with a mate about this tonight. A bit of a meaningless tenuous link but at the last home game against Southampton at Withdean Davis played, Dunk was on the Albion bench, & Stevens was on the So'ton bench. This absolutely fails to answer the OP's question but I've typed it all out now so I'm hitting post....

Edit: Different Davis...

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Davis did make an extra big thing about it, and came across as a w*nker considering we'd never crossed his path before. Very :wanker: Rooney-esque.

Was making the unncessary point that the much talked about Amex noise, was going to be dead after his goal.

Made their failure to arrogantly take three points, the sweeter.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I can explain - he's just abit of a wanker. Got a perfect view of our equaliser though, cupping his head instead of his ear.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I can explain - he's just abit of a wanker. Got a perfect view of our equaliser though, cupping his head instead of his ear.

Right on... looks like the 'cushion' of one goal was never going to be enough for the maximum.

Double kiss my face.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Small club W@nker

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I can count on one hand the opposition players who have wound me up over the years. Mainly because taunting the Home fans is so unnecessary and potentially incendiary. Pretty rare too I think.

McGleish, Hammond and Nolan all came across as massive prats after doing it. But I can’t think of any others.

Davis is close but pretty tame after those three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can count on one hand the opposition players who have wound me up over the years. Mainly because taunting the Home fans is so unnecessary and potentially incendiary. Pretty rare too I think.

McGleish, Hammond and Nolan all came across as massive prats after doing it. But I can’t think of any others.

Davis is close but pretty tame after those three.

[emoji23]

When Hammond equalised at Withdean and celebrated in front of the fans who were going for their refreshments, they surged forward and when the advertising hoarding moved he shat himself......... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here