Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is a pattern emerging...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...in recent weeks whenever you see these Fan TV things from clubs we have played.

'We were rubbish...we played without any passion or desire...useless...terrible...sack the manager...sack the players...it's bloody Brighton...they only just got promoted...nearly went out of business a few years ago...'

There is absolutely no reference to the fact that there are two teams on the pitch, and the other one (ie us) might have done okay, might have players they would take in a heartbeat, might be half-decent. It's like we're not there to these people.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That Saints chap with the pint wasn't too bad in that respect. Said that we had much more of a go at them than they did us etc.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That Saints chap with the pint wasn't too bad in that respect. Said that we had much more of a go at them than they did us etc.

Fair point. Everton was worse. And West Ham was unbelievable.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
That's because we 're just little ole Brighton and don't deserve to be on the same pitch as the elites such as West Ham and Southampton (who were both in the Championship not so long ago). They underestimate us and it works in our favour. Long may it continue.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can help here: West Ham fan TV is utter, utter shite, and always has been. They are absolute bell-ends on there.

Not a fan then, Simster? :lol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We'll be seen as minnows in this league for some time. Really doesn''t bother me in the slightest and in fact, as others suggest, it may even work to our advantage.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's hilarious that it pisses them off so much. Long may it continue!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
It makes me laugh as it is becoming so predictable!!!
It is as if some of these fans and pundits view the championship as non league football!!!

There is obviously a gap between the top 6 but as for the rest I really don't think it is hugely different. I think it is this unspoken truth that these fans are getting upset about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You'd hope the makers / producers or whatever have to interview and edit out a lot of intelligent, reasonable, balanced fans from all of these clubs that are probably respectful, objective and complimentary about us and the match. However these fans will hit the editing floor, and you're left with the idiots that are a poor reflection of their club's and their fans in general. I guess it's all about YouTube views rather than representing your club.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is it any different from a lot of our fans who seem to have only 2 settings on their team performance dial. We were either brilliant or totally rubbish with no reflection on the opposition.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It makes me laugh as it is becoming so predictable!!!
It is as if some of these fans and pundits view the championship as non league football!!!

There is obviously a gap between the top 6 but as for the rest I really don't think it is hugely different. I think it is this unspoken truth that these fans are getting upset about.

Very much this.

I watched the Spurs v West Ham cup match last week, and the commentator referred to West Hams "humiliation" against Brighton about 3 of 4 times during the course of the game. HUMILIATION. As if they'd got turned over at home by a team from the noddy leagues. Newsflash: It was two lower-midtable teams playing each other in a LEAGUE match. It was hardly the shock result of the decade.

Then of course you've got the West Ham captain coming out saying "we shouldn't be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton". The perception of BHA by players, fans and the media is hugely patronising. Many had already decided in the summer that we were the cannon-fodder for the season, the whipping boys just popping in paying a visit to the PL before being slapped back down. So when we do actually BEAT someone, its met with general astonishment and an assumption that whoever we'd turned over simply couldn't have turned up on the day.

Tiresome. But all the while we are being dismissed and underestimated, we'll continue to surprise the ignorant, and we'll continue to harvest regular points.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Losing to us turned West Brom fans against Pulis. Drawing with us got Koeman the sack. Losing at home to us pushed Bilic to the edge. Now some Saints fans are grumbling.

At some point these clubs will turn round and say, yeah, this Brighton lot aren't bad.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
We're viewed as a must win game for the rest of the division, especially on their own patch.

God forbid we beat one of the big boys, there will be mass suicides.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Most normal fans (I'm saying this lightly) from other clubs who've seen their clubs go from the pits to clear water, will understand what the Albion have gone through.
There's always going to be the knuckle dragging gimps from these clubs that think they know f**king everything about f**k all!!

Apologies, been driving on M25 again :shootself

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We tend to make teams look ordinary including ourselves for part of the games, but what we actually do is frustrate them and turn the screw later on in the game knowing that we have a strong defense and are a threat upfront. On paper Southampton have the quality in depth but didn't look better than us on the pitch. Apart from the bad start we were looking in good shape at the end and still looking for a winner. We are just well managed and play to our strengths.

el punal

Losing to us turned West Brom fans against Pulis. Drawing with us got Koeman the sack. Losing at home to us pushed Bilic to the edge. Now some Saints fans are grumbling.

At some point these clubs will turn round and say, yeah, this Brighton lot aren't bad.

Brighton - the Alan Sugar of football managers. Play us and it is with regret . . (insert name), you're fired.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here