Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hemed v Murray pro's and con's

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can't help but feel Hemed's hold up play is so much better then Glenns; Tomer's first touch is good and he blocks the ball like brick wall! Glenn is more dynamic but there isn't much in it for me! Both seem to be capable of scoring at this level! Hemed for my money looks a better player in the Prem then the Champ!

Agree?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Can't help but feel Hemed's hold up play is so much better then Glenns; Tomer's first touch is good and he blocks the ball like brick wall! Glenn is more dynamic but there isn't much in it for me! Both seem to be capable of scoring at this level! Hemed for my money looks a better player in the Prem then the Champ!

Agree?

No. To all of that.

In summary;
Pros - Murray
Cons - Hemed

I don't dislike Tomer, but he's inferior to Murray in every aspect of the game and if we'd had Murray for the 15/16 season we'd have been promoted as Champions.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
No. To all of that.

In summary;
Pros - Murray
Cons - Hemed

I don't dislike Tomer, but he's inferior to Murray in every aspect of the game and if we'd had Murray for the 15/16 season we'd have been promoted as Champions.

Fair enough have to disagree on the hold up play!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No. To all of that.

In summary;
Pros - Murray
Cons - Hemed

That's a comment about Murray instead of Zamora, not Murray instead of Hemed.

As for the bold bit - except discipline. And hold-up play. And turning his man. And penalty scoring. And goals for the Albion.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Both look good and have different skills. I’d say Murray was a more natural goal scorer, but Hemed works harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They're both different. I find it weird with this forums obsession on everyone has to be 'better' or 'worse' than another player.

Murray is probably more of a born goal scorer but he can be frustrating with this fairly relaxed style and he seems to get in some games where he is constantly fouling and caught off side which just gives away possession. Also needs to work on his link up play with Stephens and Propper a bit better I think.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I can understand why some people say this but it's rubbish. Whatever shortcomings you might think Glenn has has a footballer, they are more than offset by his vastly superior finishing. He's our best striker by some distance.

Though Hemed has surprised a lot of people, including me this year.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
They're both different. I find it weird with this forums obsession on everyone has to be 'better' or 'worse' than another player.

Murray is probably more of a born goal scorer but he can be frustrating with this fairly relaxed style and he seems to get in some games where he is constantly fouling and caught off side which just gives away possession. Also needs to work on his link up play with Stephens and Propper a bit better I think.

Apologies i should have been clearer my thread isn't about which is better or worse, but rather which complements the team we have!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A large part of me feels Murray is a better bet against smaller teams (especially at home) owing to his dynamism and Hemed a better bet against the "bigger" teams where we'll see less of the ball so need more energy up front and better hold-up play.

Personally, in terms of forward options, for me the bigger headache comes with Baldock vs Gross when both are fit and available.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
A large part of me feels Murray is a better bet against smaller teams (especially at home) owing to his dynamism and Hemed a better bet against the "bigger" teams where we'll see less of the ball so need more energy up front and better hold-up play.

Personally, in terms of forward options, for me the bigger headache comes with Baldock vs Gross when both are fit and available.

Groß is undroppable in my opinion. If you have to put Baldock in then drop Stephens/Pröpper and move Groß deeper.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Baldock v Izzy seems more likely.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Groß is undroppable in my opinion. If you have to put Baldock in then drop Stephens/Pröpper and move Groß deeper.

Baldock v Izzy seems more likely.

I believe that the form that Gross is currently in, the best that Baldock can currently look forward to is a place on the bench, where he will be in direct competition with Brown

In terms of Murray and Hemed both have different strengths which assist the team. Murray is the player in possession and I would expect him to continue to start as not much to choose between the two, until his form dips or there is a desire to freshen up the team

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Murray's biggest weakness, which is even more apparent now against the better organised defenses in the PL, is that he gets caught off-side way too often. I think Hemed has closed the gap considerably with his performances this season so far. Murray is still the better natural finisher, but I would suggest Hemed's all-round play is superior. You've just got to go with the player who's in form. If they currently have the shirt they keep the shirt, so Murray for now it is.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah I'm quite happy to just support whomever Chris puts on the pitch each week and not worry about who's better.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Glen is better in the air than Tomer

That's an interesting one. I actually think in an aerial duel, Tomer is probably better, however as both Murray recent headed goals show, his movement has anticipated balls so well, he hasn't actually had to contest the header, only get very good contact on it. In that regard, his accuracy and placement, especially yesterday is superb.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah I'm quite happy to just support whomever Chris puts on the pitch each week and not worry about who's better.

Well that is a very good point, and actually the improvements in both players says a lot about how Chris and our coaching team are handling our strikers. There were many saying neither would be good enough at the start of the season, whereas now both are scoring and competing for a place.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I can't see there being a headache to be honest, if Gross is fit, he plays. We desperately need Baldock back as cover in my opinion.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That's an interesting one. I actually think in an aerial duel, Tomer is probably better, however as both Murray recent headed goals show, his movement has anticipated balls so well, he hasn't actually had to contest the header, only get very good contact on it. In that regard, his accuracy and placement, especially yesterday is superb.

Not a chance, I think Muzza made the second amount of defensive clearences after Duffy Yesterday, the work Murray does defending is invaluable.

As a fan I would rather see someone like Hemed put in everything he has got, where as Murray seems to cruise throuh games at times, but it is just their individual styles and I don't think Hemed is anywhere near as good as Murray, but he has raised his game and the shirt could still be his if it wasnt the the Newcastle incident.

(Sorry not all of my reply was aimed at you)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here