Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray's goal [v Southampton]

Did you think Murray was going to score with that header?

• Yes - all day long

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • Probably

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 58 51.8%
  • No chance

Votes: 32 28.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did you think that was going in?

I didn't think there was any way he'd be able to get enough power on it to beat Forster from there, given it was a floaty sort of cross that he had to work with.

[tweet]924657058221355009[/tweet]

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Did you think that was going in?

I didn't think there was any way he'd be able to get enough power on it to beat Forster from there, given it was a floaty sort of cross that he had to work with.

[tweet]924657058221355009[/tweet]

At the time thought the best he could have done was try and put it back across into a dangerous area. Pleasant surprise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If you look at the replays you’ll see it Had a deflection off the defender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. Great header, but the small contact with the defenders head my have made the necessary difference. Fraser may have got more on it without this minor deflection?

As an aside the guy to my right shouted at Gross "don't put it in the box there is no one there!" Love it when idiots like him are immediately proven wrong.

Also related to the goal, just watched it back on the telly and that Bong has got a potty mouth hasn't he. Hilarious. :)

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Pleasantly surprised. It was perfectly placed but benefited from some terrible goalkeeping. Forsters making a habit of being a bit shit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Quality player in the air. The glance against West Ham was another example of his brilliant heading. Muzza for England! [emoji122]

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The Southampton forums I have read are not happy about it. Blaming the England no 2 keeper.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What Glen Murray lacks in pace, is made up with his heading ability.
He's always going to go for this type of header, 9/10 he'll put it away :thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
As soon as Gross got it with time and space I knew he'd find Murray... and the finish was as good as the cross.

I think Gross is probably the best crosser of the ball we've had since Darren Currie.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Didnt have time to think whether it would or wouldnt was just chuffed it did

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Enjoyed watching it go in the seven times they showed it on the big screen. Noticed the Southampton goal was not screened. An admirable policy that needs maintaining.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It was funny really, us watching on telly knew Gross was going to put it on Murray's head, the defender knew Gross was going to put it on Murray's head, the keeper knew Gross was going to put it on Murray's head - and none of them could do anything about it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here