Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] George Riley..suspended on allegations

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If true, that's big blow to the likes of Nicky Campbell, Rachel Burden and Tony Livesey.

Whenever they go over to their close mate and know-it-all Riley, they hang on his every word as his criticises managers and talks the talk.

5live will be a little more humble whilst he's on gardening leave.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
quip deleted

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If true, that's big blow to the likes of Nicky Campbell, Rachel Burden and Tony Livesey.

Whenever they go over to their close mate and know-it-all Riley, they hang on his every word as his criticises managers and talks the talk.

5live will be a little more humble whilst he's on gardening leave.

Also talks about another unamed make ...wonder how long before a name pops out

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Would not like to comment until the investigation is complete. He has always come over as "can't be arsed" kinda attitude and would not miss him if he wasent on anymore.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
No comment at all on the allegations, but I too wouldn't miss his know-it-all, aren't-I-the-man, Leeds-centric approach to sports broadcasting.

PG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Does come over a bit too " blokey " sometimes but usually is pretty good value. Could be lots more falling out of work at this rate..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Allegations. Not proven! But in this day and age, we haven’t got time for innocent until proven guilty. Feel sorry his name is already in tatters. As soon as you share a headline with ‘sexual allegations’ you’re absolutely done for. Whether guilty or not, crass or creepy. He’s done for. Especially at the Beeb.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Noooo, please not George...
He has always given me the impression of being a smarmy git, full of his own sense of self importance.... it doesn't surprise me at all. His exchanges with the 'gals' on 5live in the mornings are always a bit sparky and cringeworthy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I listened to the first two hours of the show and it was most refreshing not to hear him drone on. He hasn't put in a late appearance has he?
He is suspended.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Very sad too see this story yesterday.

Cards on the table, George is a longtime colleague at the snooker and also a friend.

The first thing to say is that after due process and investigation, if he is proven to have done what he is accused of then he deserves what is coming. And for a high profile BBC presenter I imagine that is career death.

Personally I would be very surprised if he has done what he is accused of as reported, but we'll soon know and I haven't spoken to him since it broke.

But there are some troubling aspects to the way he has been publicly shamed and dragged through the mud before due process has been carried out.

This is a work disciplinary, not a court case. Why has his name been released before a decision on his guilt or innocence?

This all seems on the say-so of what is basically a gossip group at the bbc.

Why is there another male presenter unnamed? Is he a bigger, more important name? Better lawyer?

A witch hunt is always the enemy of real truth and due process. Let it take place but I suspect the damage is done even if he were cleared.

I repeat, if he has done what is alleged then he's got what's coming but we are not at that point yet.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Cards on the table, George is a longtime colleague at the snooker and also a friend.

The first thing to say is that after due process and investigation, if he is proven to have done what he is accused of then he deserves what is coming. And for a high profile BBC presenter I imagine that is career death.

Personally I would be very surprised if he has done what he is accused of as reported, but we'll soon know and I haven't spoken to him since it broke.

But there are some troubling aspects to the way he has been publicly shamed and dragged through the mud before due process has been carried out.

This is a work disciplinary, not a court case. Why has his name been released before a decision on his guilt or innocence?

Why is there another male presenter unnamed? Is he a bigger, more important name? Better lawyer?

A witch hunt is always the enemy of real truth and due process. Let it take place but I suspect the damage is done even if he were cleared.

I repeat, if he has done what is alleged then he's got what's coming but we are not at that point yet.

Another clear case of one rule for one etc, ITV have gone down a similar path with Corrie's Bruno Langley, charged with sexual assault and sacked from his role as Todd with immediate effect, unlike William Roache, who was merely put on 'gardening leave' whilst his case went to Crown Court.

Will Langley return to The Street if he's acquitted like Roache was?

Somehow I doubt it.........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Looking at it another way why would the BBC not state that one of their employers is on a work disciplinary charge? They’ve got into a lot of bother in the past by hushing stuff like this up. And numerous industries take disciplinary action and name the individual ranging from services like the army and the police to private companies and even our football club. You allude to witch hunts, adding a lot of supposition to your post etc but you are clearly in the dark about what’s happened. Maybe it is a lot less sinister and maybe it’s just a regular work disciplinary issue going through the motions? That said has the BBC actually named him?

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here