Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Police closing Village Way after the game

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Took forever to get out this afternoon and chaos reined. I know there were a few coaches parked toward to top end, but I hope this isn't a plan going forward. A few tempers were getting frayed !

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Was it anything to do with the ambulance that finally came out, with lights flashing? Trying to keep it clear for that? Just wondering...

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Police told us that they took the decision to close the road as there was a health and safety issue for the passengers due to board the coach's parked on the road.
It would help if they took the same decision at the lights to village way to stop cars and taxi's picking up at the end of the game and adding to the traffic.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1 1/2 hours to get out of the virgin car park and up the hill to village way...absolute shambles had the worst I have ever seen at the Amex.

If this is the way things are going to be in the future, that will be it for me.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There seemed to be a stop/go board being manned by someone.
Now, I'm now air traffic controller but surely there must be a method to clearing the traffic.
First - no cars in Village Way for 30 minutes post match. That leaves four lanes free.
Next - bus lane up the ramp from the A27 from Brighton. Turns around the P&R quicker.
Coaches. Wait a set time, say 15 minutes, then clear them all out at once. Copper on the traffic lights just getting the coaches on the road. This copper can also move on cars picking people up.
Pick ups. The club have a designated pick up at the university in place. Use it.
Disabled. I do see a lot of wheelchairs. If the coaches are moved out their rides can move in.

Finally, who had private use of that car park next to the TV trucks. Around 10 cars in a space for 30.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Calm down everybody, I was told today the next sky lorry park would be finished for Stoke so it will be back to normal

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here