Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bridge Car Park

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pathetic. We got back to the car an hour after the game ended and only left the car park almost an hour after that. Our queue moved two or three cars length in 50 minutes whilst i saw stewards allowing egress many many times from lines of traffic towards the top of the car park. Abysmal.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Was in the queue too. On a rare day when we didn't train it we got screwed over with the parking!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
left WSL on final whistle and jogged down to Bridge car park and was out in about 1 minute. You snooze you lose!

I call Bullshit, you left on 80 minutes, admit it.. We left bang on the final whistle, North Stand west side so straight out. Very fast walk to the car park. I was parked virtually by the fecking exit...... 45 minutes to get out, so God knows how long it took others further away.

Anyway I only drove due to no trains from Haywards Heath, never again will I put myself through that car park, will park in Lewes next time. I am planning to write to Barber tomorrow, the club needs to be aware of this fiasco, if more do the same they might look into it.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
it generally takes about 20 to 30 minutes longer than last season to get out of Bridge car park this year

Possibly less folk leaving early or just sold out on regular basis

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
I call Bullshit, you left on 80 minutes, admit it.. We left bang on the final whistle, North Stand west side so straight out. Very fast walk to the car park. I was parked virtually by the fecking exit...... 45 minutes to get out, so God knows how long it took others further away.

Anyway I only drove due to no trains from Haywards Heath, never again will I put myself through that car park, will park in Lewes next time. I am planning to write to Barber tomorrow, the club needs to be aware of this fiasco, if more do the same they might look into it.

I wouldn't bother. Wrote to him last season about it and he basically said that it is always a problem getting away from football matches and to be more patient. 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I got back to my car one hour after final whistle and it still took me 45 mins to get out with plenty of cars still queuing. Shambles.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I got back to my car one hour after final whistle and it still took me 45 mins to get out with plenty of cars still queuing. Shambles.

This is a problem for hundreds of people. We are encouraged to stay behind and enjoy a drink/food after the game and then the queues will have subsided, in theory. In practice, this isn't how it is. There are two problems in my opinion. First, the number of people walking back to Brighton who then have to either cross the road before the bridge or who walk under it. There's nothing short of building a walkway over the road that will ameliorate this and the difficulty is emphasised by the success of the club and there is no complaint there. The second problem, and I think it's one the club/police could help with, is the lights after the bridge. The queue builds up for westbound traffic and stops any flow after the pedestrians have subsided. This means large amounts of time are spent waiting when there is little or no traffic from the east or west on the a27 and the car park remains gridlocked. Once or perhaps twice, the Police have directed traffic manually and the improvement was noticeable. I would love to know why this option can't be utilised, particularly as we are facing sell-outs for pretty much all the weekend games.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Because of rail replacement we parked at Lewes station. I was surprised how many Saints supporters were parked there. Who told them going past the stadium was a good idea ?(it was a good idea).

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I wouldn't bother. Wrote to him last season about it and he basically said that it is always a problem getting away from football matches and to be more patient. 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Did he managed to spread that response out over 2-3 pages or did he manage to be efficiently unhelpful?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Stopped using it as its a total pain in the arse to get out and a really stressful way to get home with everyone trying to cut in etc

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Went to Mill Road at midday and it was full. Decided to park in town and went to Trafalgar Street. Tenner, can't complain, got drunk at the Albert after and the girlie came and drove the car home. Job done!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I used Bridge Car Park about 4 years ago for an evening match. We were stuck there until 11.15 pm despite leaving the match at the final whistle.
I had my youngest child with me and getting home at midnight was not what I expected!
Never used it again and never will.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is no doubt that the Bridge could be managed much better. Perhaps Mr Barber or the transport manager (if we have such a thing) could come and observe, or better still park there, to see what actually happens after a match.

The stewards need to be MUCH more active.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I always use it. If I leave the ground at the final whistle and run briskly back there I Can get out within a minute usually. No different yesterday. If I stay to clap the team off then 45 minutes wait is usual

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here