Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] A pleasing point

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Shows how far we’ve come we’re disappointed with a draw against a side of the calibre of Southampton. It was pleasing that we got a point and showed what we had with coming from behind.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Thought it was a fair result. Southampton were the better team in the first half, we were better than them in the second.

Pretty boring game though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agree but poor play from both sides imho. Couples by shite officiating and the return of the shite yellow ball.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A game of two halves, as they say.
Stains were better in the first half, us in the second half.
Decent point, not unhappy.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
A game of two halves, as they say.
Stains were better in the first half, us in the second half.
Decent point, not unhappy.

Stains were pretty one dimensional in both halves, they were better in first half simply as we didnt turn up. The game second half was there for the taking, but to many under par performances today, Knocky and Izquierdo not at their barnstorming best. Its a fair result on the balance of today's play, but we can and have played a lot better than this, performance was a bit flat and disjointed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shows how far we’ve come we’re disappointed with a draw against a side of the calibre of Southampton. It was pleasing that we got a point and showed what we had with coming from behind.

I don't quite see how it can be a pleasing point if we are disappointed................

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That's the sort of point you want your team to grind out, not at your best but get something from the game.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
A good point but it would be nice to see us control midfield a bit more. In the 1st half we were giving it away non stop and looked clueless for ideas. Against a better team, they'd have score 2 or 3 against us in that 1st half.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disappointed thought we would kick on and win today

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'm disappointed, think it's 2 big home points dropped. Yes away that would be a good result but at home I expect us to win that.

Southampton are a very average side these days. For those saying they're strong, if you go through each side player for player, see how many of theirs you'd pick ahead of ours? The only one's I might are the full backs and that's probably just because if age, I'd choose ours on attitude and desire.

Yes VVD is clearly a classy player, but I still wouldn't swap him for our two centre backs.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I'm disappointed, think it's 2 big home points dropped. Yes away that would be a good result but at home I expect us to win that.

Southampton are a very average side these days. For those saying they're strong, if you go through each side player for player, see how many of theirs you'd pick ahead of ours? The only one's I might are the full backs and that's probably just because if age, I'd choose ours on attitude and desire.

Yes VVD is clearly a classy player, but I still wouldn't swap him for our two centre backs.

As a team aspiring to be an established 'average' PL side like Soton I will take the point happily :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here