Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Your cheapest and most expensive beers/drinks.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
1 Singapore Sling in Raffles Hotel S$31+service+tax which is about £22 but free nuts on the table

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Proving that the North/South divide is a myth when it comes to beer prices, yesterday the Mrs and I went for a quick drink in The Mossbrook Inn as the sprog was at a party nearby. This is in Eckington which isn't exactly posh (to say the least) but the pub is a nice gastro type place.

I ordered a pint of Peroni and a pint of some American pale ale, £9.80.

Peroni was £4.60 so my 4% (very nice actually) ale was £5.20. Unbelievable.

Later, I had a similarly nice pint of pale ale in our local Spoons for £2.29.
A myth??

I find it a lot cheaper since moving up North....massive difference on a big night out

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Paid £7.95 for a bottled Belgium beer in that new craft beer shop (Bison Beers?) in Church Rd last night. Nearly killed me. The draft beer (Arundel) was lovely at £5 pint though. Small consolation

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Priciest was the two quid for a small beer in a nightclub in Soho in 1978 which, related to my rent (in Fulham) which was 7 quid a month, is the equivalent of about 400 quid.

Cheapest was either 50p for a glass of champers (or sorts) in a bar Prague back in the days of communism, or the 17p I paid for a pint of Watney's Special in the Mill House in Portslade in 1973. Lovely, it was :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Most expensive pint - four quid, last time I visited Sussex. Round here it ranges from a couple of quid a pint to about £3.50 or £3.60 (mostly nearer the latter). The cheapest, I believe, is usually found in 24 hour petrol stations with a 24 hour drinks licence, and goes under the name of White Lightning*.

*Please be advised, this is in no way a recommendation!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For “everyday” bars I think Mikkeller is the most expensive at between 6 and 8 euros for a .3 glass. Wetherspoon is the cheapest. I have paid some higher prices for some beers though, a small can of Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Cru cost me £10.50 In Birmingham.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
£75 for a pint of cheap warm lager in a plastic cup.
Followed by a split lip, a black eye and a kick in the nuts.
1980's Soho strip club.
A wonderful rite of passage. I think we got off lightly paying something like £25 each for our glasses of "champagne"...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of your good friends at the sheff wed play off semi final (away), bought the most expensive beers I've ever seen, think about £16 a half pint??? fair play to him tho', he did get a round in .....

Ha ha. I can guess who you’re talking about!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Some years ago I paid 13p for a pint in a bar in Slovakia, this was when beer was about £1.50 at home. So - the equivalent of around 30p today I would think. Odd bar - in a small village miles from anywhere else, with a TV showing Czechoslovakia v Switzerland. Czechoslovakia scored - and the three old blokes at a rickety table just sort of grunted. That was their only display of excitement. It was in 1991, just after the countries had separated from each other - so I wondered whether it was something to do with not supporting a united team. Bit like some areas of France where the national team is considered to be 'that team in Paris'.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Cheapest recently; £1.85 for a pint in central Burnley before one of our games a few years ago. However, I did have to just point at the beer pump to avoid giving away my still southern accent....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Years ago Tetley bitter was 60p a pint in yorkshire.

I have found that over the last few years - no matter where I am in the country - that it seems to have gone up. :nono:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In what is now the Jurys Inn I was at a function and had 1 bottle of Bud and a glass of house white. It was loud so had a tenner ready, not enough, offered £15 and got some pennies change.
Ale in the Auctioneer (formally a Wetherspoons) Blackpool is always sub £2 pint.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You went to Shoreham and of all the pubs you chose Swiss Cottage? Bizarre.
Anyway, I pay £2.39 for a pint of IPA, also in Shoreham but nowhere near the SC.
Priciest pints I can recall have all been in Brighton. £5.90 for a Guiness but can't recall where. Possibly the Coach house.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here