Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are today's centre backs worth...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
... and what else could you buy with that money?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll open with:

Dunk - £25m
Duffy - £15m

Makes a decent return on the latter in a year or so.

I'd buy a BMW i8. I'm not really one for cars, but I was taken by Tony Bloom's i8, which I saw him driving to the Everton game along the A27. It was 12:30 so he was cutting it fine. Perhaps I'd treat him to a watch too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll open with:

Dunk - £25m
Duffy - £15m

I'd buy a BMW i8. I'm not really one for cars, but I was taken by Tony Bloom's i8, which I saw him driving to the Everton game along the A27. It was 12:30 so he was cutting it fine. Perhaps I'd treat him to a watch too.

All the centre backs, remembering the money on the table for Virgil Van thingy.
I have no idea who the 4th man is, in this equation.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Dunk £40m
Duffy £20m

There is stupid money out there for centre halfs right now and some of the big clubs are struggling defensively.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
... and what else could you buy with that money?

I'll open with:

Dunk - £25m
Duffy - £15m

Dunk £40m
Duffy £20m

There is stupid money out there for centre halfs right now and some of the big clubs are struggling defensively.

If these are UK prices for the two, what would they be if being purchased from overseas?

Dunk €30
Duffy €25

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
All the centre backs, remembering the money on the table for Virgil Van thingy.
I have no idea who the 4th man is, in this equation.

May Yoshida, Japanese international, or Wesley Hoedt, Dutch international.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
May Yoshida, Japanese international, or Wesley Hoedt, Dutch international.
Who Southampton paid £15m for.

So:-

£15,000,000
£50,000,000 est
£25,000,000 conservative est
£15,000,000 conservative est

Potentially that means we could be watching £105,000,000's worth of centre backs playing today.

It's going to be 8-8, but we could pay off the Marshall Islands national debt and have some pocket change.

If we could squeeze another £30m out of those estimates we could pay off Comoros national debt...

... no, me neither. :shrug:

Last edited:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I would say the gap in value between Dunk & Duffy is smaller than some suggest. For me, minimum value in today’s market would be £30m for Dunk & £25m for Duffy.

I believe TB will definitely reject any offers made for them in January to try & protect our PL status (as unless someone wants to pay £100m for one of them then no offer is worth the same as staying up to his year) but who knows in the summer. If we find ourselves looking for at least 1 replacement then Unai Núñez from Athletico Bilbao is one to watch. He’s only 20 at the moment and I saw him play in last nights match vs Barcelona. He was exactly out of the same mould as Duffy & Dunk, throwing his body on the line and blocking attempts on goal, he’s big but also has pace. Gerry Armstrong in the commentary team was waxing lyrical about him.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Obviously they come as a package so no less than 50million by the end of the season it will be 70million

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chaps remember there will be 4 centre backs on display today.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Virgil is the one that has attracted a real world big money bid, I don't know what they are each worth, but it will be interesting to compare ours against theirs, I susupect Dunk is every bit as good as Virgil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here