Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Your holiday advice please

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Just got back from a five day break in Madeira/Porto Santo, a surprise holiday for Mrs ExKT17.

Really good, feels like we've been away for a fortnight.

Problem is, she now expects another surprise holiday in spring half term and, having set the bar quite high, I'm scraping for ideas for a left field, high quality holiday that isn't bonkersly expensive.

Any suggestions for a destination? I'm thinking about Casablanca but it's such a long time since I was last there that I can't remember if it's nice or not...

Thanks in advance

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just got back from a five day break in Madeira/Porto Santo, a surprise holiday for Mrs ExKT17.

Problem is, she now expects another surprise holiday in spring half term and, having set the bar quite high, I'm scraping for ideas for a left field, high quality holiday that isn't bonkersly expensive.

Any suggestions for a destination? I'm thinking about Casablanca but it's such a long time since I was last there that I can't remember if it's nice or not...

Thanks in advance

Did you do the Funchal basket ride?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Thanks in advance

Are Avios/miles an option? If so then you might be able to venture further than you think.

What sort of budget are we talking and how long do you have?

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Are Avios/miles an option? If so then you might be able to venture further than you think.

What sort of budget are we talking and how long do you have?

No. Less than a week and a couple of grand max... in half term too so needs to be unpopular!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Thanks in advance

Doesn’t the spring half term coincide with the business end of the season? Just tell her it can’t be done.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
No. Less than a week and a couple of grand max... in half term too so needs to be unpopular!

Hmm... makes it tougher but what about Marrakech? (If you haven't been already)

Excellent scope for multi activity type holiday - time in the sun, pool, shopping, trips to the Atlas mountains for a day, spa/massage etc and amazing food and some brilliant places to stay.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Doesn’t the spring half term coincide with the business end of the season? Just tell her it can’t be done.

The reason Porto Santo worked well is that the Portuguese school holidays work on different dates to ours, so it was abnormally quiet/cheap.

And there's no such word as "can't", unless it's what she'll call me when I don't get her a good spring holiday...

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Hmm... makes it tougher but what about Marrakech? (If you haven't been already)

Excellent scope for multi activity type holiday - time in the sun, pool, shopping, trips to the Atlas mountains for a day, spa/massage etc and amazing food and some brilliant places to stay.

I went there in 1976, would you rate it above Casablanca?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here