Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are you enjoying this season?

• More than I expected

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • As much as I expected

Votes: 52 23.1%
  • Less than I expected

Votes: 11 4.9%

• Total voters

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Across the Summer I did fear, after the almost perpetual highs of last season and the slightly lame finish, that this season might be a bit of a slog as we struggle to keep our heads above water and that this season would not be much fun.

Clearly this was going to be a seminal season come what may, but I didn't expect it to be "fun".

But this side - this squad - have carried on playing with flair, teamwork, determination and often a lack of fear. It really has been enjoyable and I'm wishing away the time between games.

I can't be the only one who is enjoying this season more than they expected to, can I?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Across the Summer I did fear, after the almost perpetual highs of last season and the slightly lame finish, that this season might be a bit of a slog as we struggle to keep our heads above water and that this season would not be much fun.

Clearly this was going to be a seminal season come what may, but I didn't expect it to be "fun".

But this side - this squad - have carried on playing with flair, teamwork, determination and often a lack of fear. It really has been enjoyable and I'm wishing away the time between games.

I can't be the only one who is enjoying this season more than they expected to, can I?

That sums up how I feel.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
About the same as last year, which is about what I expected. I'm actually enjoying the lack of expectation. Going into games expecting to get beat seems less stressful.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Loving it but hating the seemingly never ending gaps in-between games. Two and half months gone and we’ve had just 4 home league games!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Loving it but hating the seemingly never ending gaps in-between games. Two and half months gone and we’ve had just 4 home league games!

Quite agree and not looking forward to the next break either !!
But never thought I would see Man City play us in the top league again in my lifetime , so I’m loving every minute of it

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Loving it because every game is on a knife edge throughout. 3-0 up at West Ham was the only relatively comfortable moment all season, and even then only once there are just a few minutes left. I can see how the novelty would wear off after a few seasons when you hit the glass ceiling and wonder what you're competing for, as the likes of West Brom, Stoke and Southampton have found.... but, yep, for now it's really, really good.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Much more than I expected if I'm honest. And anyone that says they aren't enjoying it a big fat fibber :lolol:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Spot on. And going to games where we are expected to get nothing is even more fun for some bizarre reason.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We ought to own the fact that whatever your enjoyment level is, for the season.
palaces current predicament is making everything 10x better.

larus

Doing better than I expected.
Players are competing with most teams more then I hoped.
Ability of management to identify and recruit players who seem to buy into the team spirit and ethos continues to please me.
The passion shown by our fans home and away is something which gives me great pride.

So yeah, what’s not to like. Apart from the constant long gaps and varied fixture time/days.

Oh, and no more “yeah, but which premier team do you support?”.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
It's much better than I thought because we aren't getting smashed every week.

I never thought I would lose as much interest in the other divisions as I have.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The fact that this team seem to consistently give 100% in every game is to me the main factor in what is making this season so enjoyable. Whether we win, lose or draw, I only see happy faces around me after each game, happy that their team has worked their socks off for a positive result.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Six palace fans voted already then. Loving it. Probably as much as any season since '74.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely fantastic. Enjoying it more than expected. Watching Man City and Arsenal, even tho' we lost, was a privilege and, more importantly, we are competing in every game, which is very enjoyable. Great work by the manager, his staff, and team. Great support by the fans home and away. One more signing - someone to replace Sam B, and the board and recruitment team will get 100% from me too! ;-)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here