Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One year ago.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was following the game in the departures lounge at Fuerteventura airport, so exciting........

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
364 days ago to be pedantically precise. A year ago I spent my Birthday walking around Dungeness on a beautiful sunny day. The next day was even better as you rightly point out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey I hope GM is a long way off 100%, if he isn't, he's lost a hell of a lot of 'pace' in 12 months.

Oh and happy days, that was a year ago, doesn't time fly, etc etc.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That 4th goal is one of my favourite ever pieces of inept comedy defending. It is absolute GOLD. I have used it as an example of what not to do for my son's team. And talking of kids I just noticed something new - check out the total lack of excitement from the young kid at the front at the end of the video. He looks less than enthralled with Knockaert's goal - eventually dad manages a polite round of applause. It was slightly more animated in the West Upper :lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
4 years ago I was in The Hair of the Dog pub in Palm Springs at 11.30am, with assorted trailer trash alcoholics, watching a terse 1-1 against Watford. Crufts grabbing the equaliser.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
364 days ago to be pedantically precise. A year ago I spent my Birthday walking around Dungeness on a beautiful sunny day. The next day was even better as you rightly point out.

Pedantically you are correct sir, me to with an added stadium tour, fantastic Albion day.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

el punal

I nearly remember it so well! After the game, as typical with Southern, there were no direct trains back to Southampton. So it was a case of up to Clapham Jct. down to Soton on South West trains. I had an emergency kit of a litre bottle of red wine to comfort my inner self, this on top of a few celebratory pints. It was a wonderful trip home, if somewhat hazy! :cheers:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I was in Cuba and it was the one day that it properly chucked it down. Serious monsoon conditions so the main hotel bar/lobby was busier than usual and the shonky Wi-Fi was struggling to cope with the numbers and the weather.

I explained to the receptionist that it was really important that I get a connection so she pointed me to the one area (near the doctor's for some reason) where the signal would still work.

I spent the next two hours nipping back and forth between the bar and outside the doctor's and it seemed like every time I came back I was telling the wife and son that we'd scored again / saying thank you to the bird on the desk.

****ing brilliant. I got rather drunk.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I nearly remember it so well! After the game, as typical with Southern, there were no direct trains back to Southampton. So it was a case of up to Clapham Jct. down to Soton on South West trains. I had an emergency kit of a litre bottle of red wine to comfort my inner self, this on top of a few celebratory pints. It was a wonderful trip home, if somewhat hazy! :cheers:

That's sounds brilliant, still celebrating even when southern fail.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I remember it so well because I don't remember much of it! I was so well lubricated I don't think I even realised Murray got a hattrick until sometime after....:whistle:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
4 years ago I was in The Hair of the Dog pub in Palm Springs at 11.30am, with assorted trailer trash alcoholics, watching a terse 1-1 against Watford. Crufts grabbing the equaliser.

What a hound he was.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here