Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
This sounds like a good party

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, it was a programme called 'Punk Britannia at the BBC' so fairly predictable, I guess. Also amazingly included the Damned, The Ruts, Stiff Little Fingers, Sham 69, Souixie and the Banshees and many others....................................................

(Even the drummer from my first band was on there, but that's another story!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, it was a programme called 'Punk Britannia at the BBC' so fairly predictable, I guess. Also amazingly included the Damned, The Ruts, Stiff Little Fingers, Sham 69, Souixie and the Banshees and many others....................................................

Do tell! You aren't another who played with Attila are you??

I've been watching Def Leppard on another channel. Joe Elliott will be a happy boy tonight :lolol:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Saw The Stranglers a lot in the early 80's, great band live.
I was listening to an interesting interview on Radio 6 earlier this week, with Penny Rimbauld from Crass, who are one of the original punk bands that most people have never heard of. He sees the Clash/Stranglers/Pistols as decent pub rock bands who were either just around at time and either by design or not, became 'punk'. He said that once he saw fans at Crass gigs dressing the same as the band, it was all over - Punk is Dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcIOTRDswF8

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The vibrators were right up there with stiff little fingers.

As I'm sure you're aware SLF got their name from a Vibrators B-side, but as good as Fingers? Nah.

BBC Four was seriously good viewing tonight.

BBC4 is generally fantastic on a Friday night. I have to admit to feeling a little urrgghhh this morning having watched it with 12 Brewdog Punks!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Saw The Stranglers a lot in the early 80's, great band live.
I was listening to an interesting interview on Radio 6 earlier this week, with Penny Rimbauld from Crass, who are one of the original punk bands that most people have never heard of. He sees the Clash/Stranglers/Pistols as decent pub rock bands who were either just around at time and either by design or not, became 'punk'. He said that once he saw fans at Crass gigs dressing the same as the band, it was all over - Punk is Dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcIOTRDswF8

Crass were an Oi band and in my opinion, bloody awful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The Clash, Pistols and Buzzcocks also featured.

Predictable, but great to see. Crikey, 40 years ago!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here