Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Falmer Auctions Parking

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
The dispute between Falmer Auctions (FA) and the club, over the unauthorised use of the latter's logo on the former's website, rumbles on! As a result, there will be no parking at FA on Sunday for the Saints game!

It still strikes me as odd that a dispute over a logo should prevent a private business from operating as it deems fit. It just doesn't make sense. You'd think removing the logo would be enough to make the issue go away.

As has previously been suggested, I'm inclined to think FA is using this supposed dispute as a smoke screen for some other reason (breach of planning condition?) why it can't operate the car park.

To their credit they have offered a full refund to anyone who's not prepared to wait for the dispute to be resolved.

I've tried calling and emailing FA to get a better explanation, but they never call back and don't respond to emails. Has anyone else had more luck?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not about the use of the logo.

A previous thread on this matter was closed as it's an ongoing legal matter and I don't want anyone getting themselves into trouble.

Our girl

Oct 13, 2017
This post does not compromise any legal proceedings that may or may not be ongoing.
As far as any legal proceedings between Falmer Auctions and the club are concerned the message I received from the club’s legal department suggests there are none.

Falmer Auctions meanwhile seem to be continuing to blame the club for their inability to provide parking. This message needs to be posted because those who paid for parking are being told it is the club’s fault and the logo is an ongoing issue. It does not seem to be.

I am not going to speculate. I am merely putting this information out there as it is not fair on the club that they continue to be made the scapegoats for this.

The message from the club indicates that the logo issue is resolved. It further indicates that they have been willingly providing match day passes for Falmer Village, not obstructing them.

This is the email message I received from the legal department of Brighton & Hove Albion on 20th October, eight days ago.

“With regard to the use of our logo our lawyers have written to Falmer Auctions and we now have received written Undertakings this will not happen again.

The issue of passes by Mrs Cutress is a separate issue however.

When we opened the stadium in 2011 we agreed a Traffic Management Plan with Lewes District Council and Falmer Parish Council. This included a legally enforceable Traffic Order (TRO) which permitted us to set up a barrier in the highway to prevent unauthorised cars entering the Village. As part of the plan we agreed with the residents of Falmer Village that they would be issued with passes on a match day which they could show at the barrier and would authorise them to pass freely in and out of the Village. Villagers can also apply for these passes to give to their visitors.

The system is administered by Mrs Cutress extremely efficiently and has worked well now for six years. Mrs Cutress advises us how many passes she needs and we supply them for her. We are very grateful to her for her assistance with this process which is all in accordance with the Travel Management Plan.

Although Falmer Parish Council were originally opposed to the stadium we have now built up a very good co-operative and helpful working relationship with them and we work with them to resolve any issues that arise.”

This is information I received via private message today from someone who has paid for parking at Falmer Auctions.

This is the message they received from Falmer Auctions:
"After several meetings with our Solicitor we have still not been able to resolve the matter in time for Sunday's game" (tomorrow v Southampton)

The private message to me continues:
Yesterday I asked them if there was any other impediment, and Keith Miles stated "no other impediment, the Football Club is accusing us of profiteering from their logo"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here