Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sebastian Bassong

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sebastian Bassong was on SSN this morning. They were discussing the three newly promoted clubs, and they said the next bit would be concentrating on Brighton......
It went something like this: "Sebastian Bassong, you played under Brighton boss Chris Hughton at both Norwich and Newcastle. How do you think Rafa is doing at Newcstle?" Bless!

What got me thinking though, was that Bassong has played for Hughton before, so he knows him. He has PL experience and is only 31 and unemployed. Not saying he's that good, but could he be the answer for half a season as 4th. choice CB so Connor could go out on loan?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I used to rate him highly in the games I've seen him. Hard to believe he's looking for a club. I hear Liverpool need a decent central defender!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd happily see him added to the squad if it enabled Goldson a chance for some further development out on loan.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sebastian Bassong was on SSN this morning. They were discussing the three newly promoted clubs, and they said the next bit would be concentrating on Brighton......
It went something like this: "Sebastian Bassong, you played under Brighton boss Chris Hughton at both Norwich and Newcastle. How do you think Rafa is doing at Newcstle?" Bless!

What got me thinking though, was that Bassong has played for Hughton before, so he knows him. He has PL experience and is only 31 and unemployed. Not saying he's that good, but could he be the answer for half a season as 4th. choice CB so Connor could go out on loan?

1. Bassong is Championship standard.
2. With the amount Duffy and Dunk put their bodies on the line week in, week out then Goldson will get his chance soon enough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here